lenco air pods

Discussion in 'PSI Superchargers Tech Questions' started by lowcountry71, Dec 1, 2006.

1. lowcountry71

lowcountry71 New Member

anyone tried using holley jets on the outlet ports of their lenco air shifter pods to help slow down the shift? what jet sizes did you use and did you have any adverse side effects internally inside the lenco clutch packs?

2. Moreira

Moreira New Member

We have a simular set up in our lenco in the low to 2nd shift. We bought the motor and trans from Mitch McDowell,we just left it all the same. Never have torn it appart to see what the heck is in there.All I know is that I can't hear the dumb thing shift from low to second gear. I don't see anything abnormal when doing services.The fork and the rollers in the box all seem to look the same as the other box that is direct. Sure now that I say that it turn into a high tech blender :(

3. blwnaway

blwnaway Member

Installing a jet will help the 1-2 shift if it is knocking the tires off at that point.

4. blownapex

blownapex Member

jet

what pressures on air pod and what size jet are you using
    to slow down 1-2 shift

5. blwnaway

blwnaway Member

We run 120lbs pressure and have used anywhere from a 50 to a 72 depending on the track.

6. Mike Canter

Mike Canter Top Dragster
    Staff Member

What pull do you have the Lenco set at?

7. lowcountry71

lowcountry71 New Member

mike - i set my pnut up the way matt moore instructed me to do. i didn't convert it back to a manual shifter and pull it with a scale. he has instructions for a pnut to turn the air pod in until it engages and then back it out. matt talked with me about slowing down the hard hits on the 1/2 + 2/3 shifts when my car would blow off or shake the tires. i started with 72 jets and stayed right there. i have run back to back runs with + without the jets with limited success. i have not seen any clutch pack wear and i was trying to find out other experiences with jet sizes and not killing lenco clutch packs. on my cs1 2 speed with an air pod shifter, i convert the shifter to a manual for setting the pressure and set it at 35 pounds. one note i found is that the cs1 doesn't blow off the tires whereas the 3 speed pnut is more tempermental. the cs1 has a 1.68 1st ratio and the pnut has a 1.80 1 ratio going to a 1.44 2nd ratio. it has been difficult to back to back test the pnut vs the cs1. it takes too much time to change the trannys and then the track changes to get any good results.