Leave the rules alone

Discussion in 'Pit Buzz' started by wolfgang, May 18, 2003.

1. wolfgang

wolfgang New Member

I'm not involved in drag racing except as a fan (just saw this website listed on a tafc this weekend at Indy).

To me, the alcohol vs nitro debate is a non-issue.
    This season, both setups have won a number of national and divisional races.

As long as both types of cars are capable of winning, why mess with a good thing?

Wolfgang

2. R4K

R4K New Member

Wolf- cause both cars are not capable- a volkswagon has the same chance as a BAD if the only way to win is by tuning or other failure by the A/FD.
    Nice to see a fans perspective though- cause PERCEPTION is REALITY. ;)

3. alkysniffer

alkysniffer New Member

Unfortunatly r4k is right the BAD cars are at a huge disadvantage. I think if you were to look at the win loss record it does look like parity but tell me this when have you ever seen a BAD car run a 5:13? Never and it is not gonna happen in the near future either as much as I would like to see it. I dont have anything against the A fuelers as I do think they are neat but they didnt win consistantly just cause they didnt have them figured out but it sure looks to me like Randy Meyer and Bill Riechert and Morgan Lucas have a good handle on them and sorry guys but it is time to make the class even again or lose some of the good guys in racing just cause they do like their BAD cars and they cant be blamed for that. It sure would be sad to see Marty, Dave, Duane, and the other guys that I cant think of at this time leave the sport cause of it and I know they can join them but look at the cost of changing when you have everything and the time it would take to start over no data not anything, some of these ppl would have age going against them to change and hope to ever be competitive again. Something needs to be done sorry plus it wont hurt anything as long as nhra dont go overboard the other way.

4. ROF

ROF Top Dragster

There is another answer for the blown folks....TAFC sure does need some new blood...it might not be BAD but it is BLOWN ALCOHOL ONLY and a fun class to run in. Just a thought....not trying to stir the pot.
    I do feel for all the blown folks, but I think having two different types of fuel being used in the same class will NEVER produce parity 100% of the time. Look at PRO MOD its has been a hornets nest from the start and still is.
    Good luck to you all.

5. tjenna

tjenna Top Alcohol

6. tjenna

tjenna Top Alcohol

Who said it was a "good thing?"

It sucks. Plan and simple. Get rid of the nitro and lets get back to what the class is Top "Alcohol" Dragster as in TAD.

7. R4K

R4K New Member

Tjenna- read your post several times and still not sure how to reply. As a BAD driver, I still love to watch the A/FD cars. A match up between the 2 cars is neat= watch the poppin of the fuel and hear the high rpm of the alki car staging- these all contribute to the excitement. Sadly, unless we are missing a session or are next in the staging lane, I rarely get the chance to observe. I guess I have zero desire to see them go away- maybe it is cause I am old and grew up with pro-comp. I would like a fighting chance, but heck- Hentges and Johnson etc all had a tenth or more on Coffini at mission this year and his base tune up along with good driving got him the win cause he had a chance- right now the BAD's don't seem to have a chance if the a/fd is running well. Sorry if this was wordy and disjointed [​IMG]

8. R4K

R4K New Member

just like to add- we need about 10.000 more fans like wolfgang! hope he keeps watching and enjoying and brings some first timers with him to every race he attends. [​IMG]

9. Kingnitro

Kingnitro New Member

I think limiting the Fools to 90% would be a big equalizer! But it won't happen, cause Lucas is on an A-fooler! Anyone who doesn't think the Fools has a Big Performance advantage is in serious Denial, like an Alcoholic! Sorry for the pun!

10. Mad-Mic

Mad-Mic New Member

good example look at division 1 last year with Gallant against the rest of the field. He dominated! Boz got his arse handed to him everytime and Boz was probably the best BAD in div 1. Gallant's AFuel was atleast .1-.2 seconds quicker on average. We used to have a weather advantage if it was real hot out and humid out the AFuels had trouble running in it. Gallant put that to rest last year cause he was just dominating!

11. Steve Toppe

Steve Toppe New Member

I would like to give my opinion as a fan.
    Its unfair for BAD to compete in a disadvantage.
    Parity should be searched by NHRA asap. If I were to choose I would go for dividing the class in two or eliminating nitro cars in Top Alcohol.