Krista Baldwin Kicks Off the Season at the Winternationals with WIX Filters®, Bumper to Bumper and H

Discussion in 'Alcohol Racing News' started by News Editor, Feb 8, 2018.

By News Editor on Feb 8, 2018 at 1:12 PM
  1. News Editor

News Editor Administrator

Krista Baldwin Kicks Off the Season at the Winternationals with WIX Filters®, Bumper to Bumper and Hanson Distributing

WixFilters_B2B_KristaBaldwin.jpg

POMONA, CA (February 7, 2018) – The NHRA season will kick off this weekend at the Lucas Oil Winternationals, the home track for A/Fuel driver Krista Baldwin. Baldwin will begin her season collaborating with WIX Filters®, Bumper to Bumper and Hanson Distributing.

Bumper to Bumper Parts Stores and Certified Service Centers are a part of the Aftermarket Auto Parts Alliance, one of the largest auto parts distribution networks in the world. Hanson Distributing of Azusa, CA is one of the premier distributors of WIX Filters under the Bumper to Bumper alliance.

“We’re thrilled to be supporting Krista as she takes on the Winternationals this weekend,” says Jennifer Gibson, brand manager for WIX Filters. “NHRA is such an exciting sport, and WIX is proud to be under the hood of her A/Fuel dragster.”

“Being in the aftermarket myself, I understand the importance of a strong relationship between manufacturers and distributors,” says Krista Baldwin, creative director of McLeod Racing. “I am so pumped to begin the 2018 season with WIX Filters and Bumper to Bumper. Highlighting their accomplishments together is truly an honor and I can’t wait to represent them at my home track.”

During off-season, team owner Anthony Dicero and Baldwin assembled a new A/Fuel dragster to debut this weekend. It is a Don Schumacher Racing chassis and is equipped with CP Carrillo rods and pistons, Clevite/Mahle bearings, Manton push rods, Strange Engineering rear-end, Weld Wheels, Lucas Oil products, TBM Brakes and a Boninfante/McLeod Racing clutch.

“Actually helping put together this dragster pushed my confidence over the top,” explains 24-year-old Baldwin. “I’ve watched it transform from a bare chassis on saw horses to a race-ready dragster prepared to make our Q1 debut on Thursday.”

McLeod Racing will also continue their efforts to support Krista Baldwin for the 2018 season.

Baldwin and Dicero will be tackling a tough field during the season opener but have high hopes of holding a Wally on Sunday.

# # #

About WIX Filters

Since 1939, WIX® Filters has been an innovator in filtration products. WIX designs, manufactures and distributes products for automotive, diesel, agricultural, industrial and specialty filter markets. Part of the MANN+HUMMEL family of brands, WIX's product line includes oil, air, cabin interior, fuel, coolant, transmission and hydraulic filters for automobiles, trucks, off-road equipment and manufacturing applications. For more information, visit www.wixfilters.com or any of our social channels: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat and YouTube.

Sub-Categories: This article has no sub-categories

Comments

Discussion in 'Alcohol Racing News' started by News Editor, Feb 8, 2018.