Kenny Buzdas - TEW GOV'S CUP PREVIEW

Discussion in 'Alcohol Racing News' started by PROCOMP1, Sep 17, 2009.

1. PROCOMP1

PROCOMP1 New Member

BUZDAS SHOOTING FOR STRONG FINISH AT SACTO
    [​IMG]

Sacramento, Calif. – The journey which has been the 2009 Top Eliminator West season for the J. Ray Concrete sponsored Blown Alcohol Dragster is nearly complete. And the team’s 20-year old driver Kenny Buzdas is cautiously optimistic they can return to the winner circle this weekend at the 40th running of The Governors Cup Championship held Saturday September 19th at Sacramento Raceway.

The season has not turned out the way 2007 Gov’s Cup TEW Champion Buzdas and his team owner James Ray planned. At the team’s previous race, in which a mechanical parts failure prohibited the team from answering the first round bell, the car was deadly consistent. The Yuba City, Calif. driver believes his 220 mile per hour dragster can not only qualify for the eight car field but also string together three-round wins.

“Our car ran outstanding at our previous race,” noted Buzdas, who won the series championship in his rookie season at the age of 18. “In the category we run, our cars can not eclipse the 6.300 second index or we are eliminated. In testing, we ran dead-on that index at our last event. We have the tune up for this track and our team is hungry to end the season on a high note.”

Buzdas was also deadly with his reaction times at the previous event. In four time trials his average reaction time (which is the time it takes for the car and driver to react to the green light; 0.000 is perfect) was 0.019 seconds and was consistent within 0.005 seconds all weekend. “I feel very comfortable driving this car for Jim (Ray) and I have been able to work with several great drivers who have offered their years of experience to me. I am very humbled by their help.”

Buzdas recently returned from a trip to NHRA Drag Racing's premier event, the 55th NHRA Mac Tool’s US Nationals held in Clermont, Ind. Buzdas learned many lessons he hopes to bring back to Sacramento Raceway for this years Gov’s Cup.

“Indy is drag racing’s Mecca and I was literally in awe of the history of that place,” said Buzdas. “I had the chance to meet and talk with some of the best drivers in our sport, Big Daddy Don Garlits, Kenny Bernstein and current stars Jack Beckman, Antron Brown, Spencer Massey and TJ Zizzo. They all said the same thing. In order to win, you have to do the little things right first. Be consistent, be calm and be a machine. I intend on following their advice.”

The TEW class will have two attempts to qualify for the eight car field beginning Friday evening at 6 p.m. A second session will be held on Saturday at 11:30 a.m. Eliminations are scheduled to begin at 1:00 p.m.

Courtesy of CRX PROMOTIONS

Last edited: Sep 18, 2009
  2. Don Hudson

Don Hudson Supa fly

been there

:d:d:d:dsatco?

3. PROCOMP1

PROCOMP1 New Member

Type Error Don... Sorry...:eek: Fixed now... SACTO!

4. KBuz

KBuz New Member

Haha:D Thanks for keeping him in line Don!!