Keith Black Olds Oil Port

Discussion in 'PSI Superchargers Tech Questions' started by ltcunningham, Dec 16, 2014.

1. ltcunningham

ltcunningham New Member

Hoping one of you guys can tell me if there is a specific fitting you are using on the oil inlet on a KB Olds block. This is the first one we have had and am having trouble finding something that will clear the side of the block. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Tom

2. Kramer Metal Fab Inc.

I have a KB olds block and had to turn the OD of a deep socket on the lathe to clear the block in order to install one of the fittings if that is what you are talking about. I cant remember if it is a -10? AN to Pipe fitting.

3. ltcunningham

ltcunningham New Member

Thanks. We were curious to what size fitting others were using. We were trying to fit a AN 12 and that wasn't happening.

Thanks again.

4. overkill69

overkill69 Member

fitting

-12 nipple welded to a piece of hardware store pipe. It was embarrassing looking so I turned it in the lathe a little bit. Worked for several hundred passes.

5. Blownalky

Blownalky Top Sportsman

Last edited: Dec 17, 2014
  6. paint guy

paint guy Member

I used a piece of steel water pipe from lowes to get it out past the head.....never had a problem.

7. ltcunningham

ltcunningham New Member

Thanks for the link to AN plumbing. We have a brass pipe in now for run in, but wasn't crazy about it running it that way. I knew one of you guys have encountered this.

Thanks again.