Johnson to Drive Etterman Racing Stratus

Discussion in 'Alcohol Racing News' started by Katie Ward, Nov 22, 2005.

1. Katie Ward

Katie Ward New Member

For Immediate Release
    Email: johnsonboyzmarketing@yahoo.com

Jonathan Johnson to Drive for Etterman Racing / Bar’s Leaks for 2006.

As of Sunday November 20, 2005, Jonathan Johnson will assume the driving duties for the Etterman Racing fielded Bar’s Leaks ’05 Dodge Stratus. Jonathan, a former Junior Dragster pilot from 1992 to 1999, ventured through the stock eliminator class, eventually finding a home in the Super classes, most notably in his family’s Team Classic Automotive-backed Super Gas Firebird. After acquiring a divisional win and national runner-up, Jonathan undertook Frank Hawley’s alcohol funny car course to realize a childhood dream. Johnson made his TAFC debut at the 2005 O’Reilly Fall Nationals at the wheel of Brad McWilliams’ Pontiac Firebird, with a semi-final finish.

“I could not be more excited about the opportunity that the Etterman’s have provided me” said Johnson. “I still have so much to learn, but both the willingness and eagerness that the team has shown me remains exceptional. The folks at Bar’s Leaks are excited about George’s decision to put me in the car, and that gives us a great deal of encouragement in itself. I’m going to work hard both in the car and in the marketing realm to make this team the best it can be. More than anything, we are going to have some fun next year, while representing Bar’s Leaks, as well as our many marketing partners.”

The team, George and Jane Etterman, David Scheelk, Dan Bevans, and Dickie Harshey, will remain intact and are enthusiastic heading into final preparations for 2006. “Jonathan has watched nearly every pass we’ve made over the past few years, and has shown a great deal of interest in the class, solidifying that with the acquisition of his TAFC license” said George Etterman. “He and David have known each other for quite some time, and we elected to give him a shot.”

The team will reconfigure the car around Jonathan and hit the track with the same slick ’05 Stratus that they finished out the 2005 season. There will be some early season testing before hitting the tour at the Division 4 opener in early March.

Etterman Racing, as well as Jonathan Johnson would like to acknowledge and thank the continued support of Bar’s Leaks Products, Haulmark Motorsports, Michigan Kenworth, NRC Truck Conversions, NGK Spark Plugs, Team Classic Automotive, Market Basket Foods, Wheeler Truck Body, and Johnson Auto Centers

2. JBJ

JBJ Member

I am glad to see the Jr program working so well. And good luck to Jonathan Johnson next year.

3. Nitro424

Nitro424 New Member

Congratulations on your new ride JJ. I'm glad our crew was able to help you out and get you licensed. We had some great times. OK, so we had some really great times, but you will endure many more. I wish you the best with your new ride. Don't forget us now.
    Jennifer

4. SebastianLopezJr

SebastianLopezJr New Member

Congrats & Best of Luck in 2006 JJ!!!

All of us locals will be cheering yall on. :cool: