Jeff Carroll Phoenix preview

Discussion in 'Alcohol Racing News' started by Will Hanna, Feb 28, 2007.

1. Will Hanna

Will Hanna We put the 'inside' in Top Alcohol
    Staff Member

Jeff Carroll's YBeNormal TA/FC Heads to Phoenix

Jeff Carroll and his YBeNormal/Hice Cellars Race Team are heading to Arizona this weekend seeking their first success of the 2007 season. The Team opened their season in February at Pomona where due to a variety of mechanical malfunctions, qualifying was unsuccessful.

"We have a brand new motor combination that we've already ran better numbers through half track during testing. We discovered an air line problem after the third qualifier at Pomona that was prohibiting a good solid qualifying pass during that race" says Carroll, "Now that we have that resolved, we are looking to have a strong showing at Firebird Raceway and get our YBeNormal/Hice Cellars funny car team qualified and be in strong contingent for a Wally".

Carroll, who began racing the family Super Gas car at the age of 16, started driving the Alcohol Funny Car for the Jordan Brothers in 1990.
    In 2001, he decided it was time to start his own Team and that's when he and his wife Ann took the leap of faith and purchased their own operation. To date he has ran a career best of 5.740 at over 250.00 m.p.h. and is looking to repeat that, if not better it, this weekend in Chandler, Arizona.

Jeff would like to send a very special thank you to Eric and Bettina Hice of Hice Cellars who have rejoined the YBeNormal Team as a Marketing Partner for a second consecutive season. Hice Cellars of Paso Robles, California supplies wine from selected organically grown vineyards. Their vineyards are grown Bio-dynamically and organically without the use of pesticides or herbicides to insure the finest flavor possible.

For additional information, log on to: www.HiceCellars.com or www.CarrollMotorsports.com.

Special thanks go to Jeff's wife Ann for her continued support. Also, Mom & Dad, his crew members Tom, Arley, Steve, Forrest and Billy. Our Associate partners Nu Image Signs & Graphix, RPM Oil, Monaco of Las Vegas (Bill Jordan), Titan Clutches and Oil Pumps, ARP, JAZ Products, Victory Race Cars and WCP Trucking.

The first Division 7 Lucas Oil Drag Race series kicks off on Friday, March 2nd with the first round of qualifying for TAD/TA-FC at 3:00 p.m.
    Saturday, March 3rd the Alcohol Class resumes qualifying at noon and 4:00 p.m. with final eliminations on Sunday, March 4th beginning at noon.

Log on to www.dragracecentral.com for all the latest updates and racing results.
    Code:

Code:

2. F/C Girl

F/C Girl New Member

Thanks Will for Changing the Header size on this press release for us,

can you PM me and tell me how to enlarge the header for future press releases so that I can post what I've written for the racers that I'm writing for? I tried all different ways to get it enlarged, but is there a secret I'm not aware of?

Thanks in advance,
    Nancy

Last edited: Mar 2, 2007
  3. Rapid Randy AA/FA

Rapid Randy AA/FA Comp Eliminator

Good Luck Jeff, hope the new engine program works out. :)

Rapid