Intake Manifold Oil Leak

Discussion in 'PSI Superchargers Tech Questions' started by Dirty Deeds, Feb 19, 2020.

1. Dirty Deeds

Dirty Deeds New Member

I have a KB with Veney heads.
    I am having problems sealing the front manifold valley. I am using a spacer with soft manifold end strips and sealant. I sealed it several times but with no luck (rear seals fine).
    A saw a picture a while back with someone using a piece of thin alloy shaped as a "Z". This plate was to be put in the valley
    Has anyone got details on how this works ie size, which way up, where to seal etc

Thanks for your help

Cheers Neil

2. MaineAlkyFan

MaineAlkyFan Active Member

The Z fits like this:

[​IMG]

Ours is held in with two small flat head screws tapped into the block.
    Make sure there are no restrictions in the puke system. Excess pan pressure can blow those gaskets out.

Chris Saulnier - Team Tigges
    Mechanic Falls, Maine

3. Dirty Deeds

Dirty Deeds New Member

Excellent thank you
    Do you silicone at all?
    I am using flat breather hose which could be part of the problem I think that needs to be replaced after reading some posts on ITA

Last edited: Feb 21, 2020
  4. jay70cuda

jay70cuda Well-Known Member

If your not changing head gasket all the time and have access to bridge port. I'd make a aluminum spacer that goes on the block side that would be drilled and tapped into the block. Then cut a o ring groove in the intake. Put some round o ring material on the intake side. That's what I did and never had to woory about that material falling into the lifter valley or getting lost during a thrash. I've ran this setup for 3 different engines and can't complain.

5. MaineAlkyFan

MaineAlkyFan Active Member

Silicone at the corners where the foam meets the heads. We use an adhesive back foam from McMaster but I don't have the PN handy.

Chris Saulnier - Team Tigges
    Mechanic Falls, Maine

6. Bill Naves

Bill Naves Member

ran into this last year when we changed blocks, the spacers come in different heights .700 to .900. Mine likes .750 with 090 gasket but when we used smaller gaskets the intake does not go to the same height. changed to .800 problem solved. found it without end seals installed then measured gap for seal. if you go the other way ie too tall, the heads need intake gaskets to hold the manifold up a little. found that test fitting also. we also found different size gasket material too. if you find the rails to be the problem measure yours and call me I may have another pair billnaves@aol.com