Insurance

Discussion in 'Pit Buzz' started by Brownman, May 20, 2007.

1. Brownman

Brownman New Member

Does anyone run "car Insurance" on the Race Car itself? If so, what does it cover? Talking about specific to the car, not something with homeowners type coverage. Thanks,,,,,,,,,BRownman and the FNG's:)

2. Kevin Brown

Kevin Brown Top Dragster

Mel Eaves from Gulfway insurers...ONLY way to go!

-KB

3. rick macedo racing

rick macedo racing New Member

race car insurance

Go to northeast dragracing .com some where in the web sight you will find bill horton he does that out of a company in ct he has done this for a while and is a racer himself so he knows the right way to do it,plus he will give you the honest info

4. Eric David Bru

Mel Eaves for sure www.racensur.com.

5. drn1013rd

drn1013rd Member

is it affordable, or something higher end teams can afford, i would really like to have insurance but the only places i knew of before were either ridiculously high or just wouldn't carry it?

6. Eric David Bru

Call Mel up and talk to him. Last time I checked it was 'reasonable', keep in mind there is no 'key-on' coverage.

7. barszcz

barszcz New Member

we carry a rider? on our comp car, trailer, and all of the contents inside the trailer. right around $150,000 of coverage for about $3500 a year. the policy is null and void as soon as the engine is fired, but if it gets damaged in the pits, say a top fuel team jacks the heads off and our pit area etc... sustains damage, our insurance policy would cover our losses. i dont know where you are in the world but i am in indy and joined the IMA (indiana motorsports association) and with that membership came a host of discount programs. the money i save on insurance for a year at my chassis shop outweighed the cost of the membership.