Info needed, on Cool shirt equipment

Discussion in 'PSI Superchargers Tech Questions' started by BUTCH, Jul 25, 2012.

1. BUTCH

BUTCH Member

Does anyone us the cool skirt cooling system under there fire suite? if so, can you get me the specs on the water pump they us to pump the cold water from the cooler into the shirt?

Thanks again

Butch

2. Hemiracer1

Hemiracer1 New Member

Water Pump for Cooling Shirt

I don't know about how anybody else does it but I made my cooling shirt set-up out of a small water jug with a screw on top, drilled holes near the top for the suction and return lines and then used a pump I bought off of Ebay which was a Shurflo SLV10-AA41 and is a 1.0GPM 40PSI, 12V 4Amp. My wife made the shirt out of a regular work shirt and sowed about 30 feet of 1/4" tubing into the inside of it, front and back. I have a pair of quick connects inline also. Ice in the jug, a couple of inches of water and a switch on the dash. Sometimes I have to turn it off because it can get too cold at times, even in the heat.
    I had to insulate the water lines between the pump and the shirt to keep them from dripping condensation. Works well.
    Just saying.

3. badfast

badfast Member

I work with Mike Bell and he wears a cool shirt from Speedway motors. It uses a can of freon to cool the shirt. Pop on a new can push the button instant cool. He gets rid of the can before they fire the car. It is maybe $200.00 and he buys the cans by the case. Works awsome.

4. secondwindracing

secondwindracing top alcohol

the freon sounds good but 134 r is around 14.00 per can do you use a can per pass?Dave

5. badfast

badfast Member

Usually a can per run, but well worth it and no mess with water, hoses, pumps, not including the extra weight in the car.

6. BUTCH

BUTCH Member

badfast, Were does Mike Bell get the cans of freon? I checked at cool shirts but there cost is 13 bucks a can, there must be a place to get them for a lot less?

thanks again for all the great help!!!

Butch

7. badfast

badfast Member

I can't recall where he orders from. I'll try calling him later as he is busy getting the car ready for Tulsa this weekend. I know I will be using the shirt this weekend!lol

8. BUTCH

BUTCH Member

thanks a ton!!!!

9. badfast

badfast Member

He buys a case at a time from Stonersolutions.com. It is not on the website but they have a direct replacement can. They run $8.00/can with free Fedex shipping. 12/ case.

It will be the best $8.00 bucks u will spend when u tap that button.LOL

10. badfast

badfast Member

Ooops about forgot, the number is 1-800-227-5538 Stonersolutions