Impact Racing's concern for safety

Discussion in 'Pit Buzz' started by Chuck Anderika, Feb 5, 2010.

1. Chuck Anderika

If you noticed last year some of the alcohol and pro teams had pilot chutes with heavier springs than normal. It seemed like a good idea to help get the chutes in the air stream. Today I tried to purchase 4 of these pilot chutes and was told by Kelly from Impact that they were not available. I asked when they would be and was told that they are only available to certain teams. Nice to know that safety is only available to certain teams. Another proud moment for IMPACT RACING.

2. Randy G.

Randy G. Top Alcohol

Laughable. Why would you buy from them anyway?

Call Taylor Motorsports. 714-630-7850. Same Day shipping.

RG

3. Tom L

Tom L New Member

Only Certain People get some things!

Like Tires, clutch discs. Aerospace TIT clutch parts ETC...

Tom

4. Dave Germain

Dave Germain New Member

Impact

I want to repeat the previous question- why would anybody buy anything from Impact? The one thing they have proven is their complete disregard for the racers safety. Dave Germain

5. East Coast Guy

East Coast Guy New Member

I'll never spend another dime on their stuff!!!

Tim Steed

6. rick macedo racing

rick macedo racing New Member

How they havent responded to anything is pathetic,it makes me trust my safety equipment from the other suppliers even more.On a personal note why would you buy from people that havent any respect for you the racer.

7. $candal

$candal New Member

Force dumped Impact..

and returned to Simpson this year. Impact was have something going on!

8. East Coast Guy

East Coast Guy New Member

I still have a new pair of Impact's -20 fuel boots, worn twice that i stopped wearing because they were returned to them 3 times for "improvements" that i don't trust. I bought a new pair from DT that i wear instead....

Tim Steed

9. Winr

Winr Member

What do you think has happend to Bill Simpson??? Afterall he built Simpson to the standard it is today. I dont trust Impact products as well, for all the previously stated reasons. Just curious.

10. The Leveler

The Leveler New Member

GREED!!!!!!!!!!:mad:

11. vamcaptain

vamcaptain Member

I am a new driver for this season. I purchased a helmet from Simpson but my owner steered me over to Phoenix Apparel for my suit. I love the suit and they worked with me throughout the process. Good folks and an excellent product.

www.phoenixcustomapparel.com

Mike

12. alt 6153

alt 6153 Member

Just have to go through Dennis Taylor for Phoenix suits now. Is he still calling them Phoenix, or are the Taylor?

13. clint thompson

why??

Why any racer would even consider buying any Impact (un) safety equipment is way beyond me. After showing how little they care about the racers safety and how poorly they have handled the situation they don't deserve our money.

I had DT measure me for a new dash 20 suit last weekend at Pomona.

14. Randy G.

Randy G. Top Alcohol

I think DT bought the equipment including pattern machines, embroidery equipment and intellectual property, but the name of his company isn't Phoenix. I've seen the suits and they look great.

15. Will Hanna

Will Hanna We put the 'inside' in Top Alcohol
    Staff Member

Dt

I had one Phoenix suit and loved it until I 'outgrew' it. I will have DT build my next suit, even if he does charge an 'extra material surcharge' :eek::D

16. Lethal Threat Racing

Will you are safe He did not charge me an added charge, He just started out with a tent.:eek: I had a Stroud sute and now I have one from Taylor I would not give my Stroud sute to a homeless preson.

17. jody stroud

jody stroud ZOMBIE Top Dragster

Easy with the Stroud remarks.:D

18. irf3

irf3 New Member

I have to say i was one of the ones with the 15 suit recall, and so far impact racing products has taken care of me. They have gone out of their way to satisfy me and were very nice. As of 2010 they got the new sfi rating on their lightweight suit which weighs 7.5 pounds. What happened at impact was the result of bad employees. They have corrected the problem and should be a much better company in the future. What i see in the world is alot of people at jobs that are dumb as dirt. The key is to find or remove before they do any damage. It sometimes takes a disaster to make a company stronger.

Alan Glatt/ Interstate racing fuels

19. Bruce

Bruce New Member

Oh yeah sure only after years of problems and now they found that one bad employee, gee I wonder if it wasn't the founder hinself :eek:

20. Dave Germain

Dave Germain New Member

Hmmmm.....lets see....That one bad employee built the suits and boots that wouldn't certify? He is also the guy who decided to not let anybody know about the quality control problems until guys were coming to races with safety gear that wouldn't pass tech? He is apparently also the 'one' guy who perpetrated the entire idea of selling the racers substandard equipment and then denying it until SFI pulled their ticket? How big was this guy? I call the whole deal BS. JFR probably gets their safety gear for free and they went somewhere else? I guess quality counts to them. It certainly does to me. Dave Germain