Ideal Starting line Ratio

Discussion in 'PSI Superchargers Tech Questions' started by Raymond, Jan 29, 2015.

1. Raymond

Raymond New Member

I have a 540 with 1471 hi helex, brodix 380 heads motor is set up at 2000 hp rite now, car has a 1.80 glide with 4.30 gear car is 108 wheelbase top sportsman chassis. Last year I ran the car with very few problems getting down the track this year I had the motor freshened and the blower freshened so we took car out last weekend and 3 attempts and couldn't get down track none and the track was in good shape and my whole setup it identical as it was last year.. I know since blower is fresh it's making alittle more power but dang it's never not been able to get down the track zero times ....so I'm wondering if the 1.80 and 4.30 is to aggressive ?? I have thought about changing to the 1.58 gearset but wanna get some input if anyone has any??? Last year I always had to pull 10* timming for 1.50 seconds and leave at 3200 rpm... my converter is the chance NSX which will go to 6200 on the brake, so I'm wondering if a taller gear would calm car down were I could leave harder and not pull any timming out ???

2. jay70cuda

jay70cuda Well-Known Member

Do you have a data logger . I would venture to say you gained around 150 hp with freshening everything up at same time. Pull more timing out . You are probally having power shake and blowing the tires off. Put some ws numbers up if you have a logger

3. Will Hanna

Will Hanna We put the 'inside' in Top Alcohol
    Staff Member

killer air

you have everything fresh combined with killer air.

I would pull more timing out until you get it off the line. Maybe pull 15 out?

Do you have head temp or water temp on it?

Fresh blower may have it on the lean side at idle resulting in more head temp than normal, which would make your problems worse. May need to richen the barrel valve a couple flats.

4. CjRedden

CjRedden Member

I have a similar setup where last year i had many low speed tire shake issues. This year we bumped it up from a 4.11 gear to a 4.29. Any insight as to what i may expect for this upcoming spring? Any recomendations?

5. Raymond

Raymond New Member

I have water temperature, and a computech Datta max and as far as looking at the numbers everything looks normal, I could try to put a few flats in it and pull more timming out to see if it would help till the strips wear some... I have always had to pull some timming out but just was t sure were that limit would be...

6. Raymond

Raymond New Member