Hunter Returns to Yellowstone Dragstrip for "Home" Race

Discussion in 'Alcohol Racing News' started by News Editor, Jun 19, 2014.

1. News Editor

News Editor Administrator

Hunter Returns to Yellowstone Dragstrip for "Home" Race

BILLINGS, Mont. (June 19) – Synoil Racing Top Alcohol Funny Car driver Greg Hunter will be back in the seat of his Geoff Goodwin-owned funny car this weekend after over two months away from the track. Hunter is competing at the NHRA regional series' return to Acton, Montana's Yellowstone Dragstrip. This is the team's first event since racing to the SummitRacing.com semifinals in March.

“It's been a tough time off because we were running well. We felt that we could've done better but we were still happy with how we did. Obviously everybody is excited and anxious to get back on track,” Hunter claimed.

Yellowstone Dragstrip recently returned to NHRA sanctioning after several years away from the regional circuit, so the track is fairly new to many of the Top Alcohol competitors. Hunter and the Synoil team, however, are very familiar with the Montana facility.

“While this will be my first time driving the Synoil car at this track, both myself and the team have experience at this track. They went to the finals at this race several years ago, so they have good data here. I've raced on this track a lot as well since it's so close to home. I feel like it's almost a home track for me,” added Hunter, a Wyoming resident.

In addition to local friends, Greg Hunter and the Synoil Racing team will host local customers of the team's primary sponsors, Synoil Energy Services and ExactAir Compliance Systems.

“We're really looking forward to this race. We have a lot of friends who are coming to hang out and watch the races. This is a big area for our businesses, so we're hosting customers as well.”

Top Alcohol qualifying sessions are scheduled for Saturday at 3, 5, and 7 PM local time at the NHRA Northwest Division Lucas Oil Regional race at Yellowstone Dragstrip, June 20-22. Eliminations begin at noon on Sunday.

Greg Hunter and Geoff Goodwin's Synoil Racing Top Alcohol Funny Car team have joined forces for the 2014 season. With primary support from Synoil Enery Services and ExactAir Compliance Systems, Hunter will run a full schedule of NHRA Mello Yello Series national events and LODRS regional events. Synoil Racing receives additional support from Northgate Industries Ltg., Ron Hodgson Chevrolet-GMC-Buick, Southgate Buick, Twister Piling Inc., Proform Concrete Services Inc., Prowling Contracting, Pumps & Pressure Inc., Waylon's Transport, Hampton's Oilfield Services, Landale Signs, MD Truck Repair, and Castrol.

Like Synoil Racing on Facebook – www.facebook.com/synoilracing.