Hired Gun

Discussion in 'Crewmembers Wanted or For Hire' started by michael hall, Apr 9, 2007.

1. michael hall

michael hall New Member

I am licensed and experienced in driving a blown alcohol burning altered. I have driven a pair of six second, two hundred mph cars. My attention to detail, professionalisim and attitude are excellent. You will not find a more likeable, fun person to represent you and your team. I am able not only to drive, but am very capable of turning wrenches as well. Please take a moment to contact me if you in need of someone to help with the driving duties, a test pilot or someone to fill in even for a race or two. Any and all catagories will be considered, from Stock to Top Fuel. I grew up around an alcohol f/c, so drag racing is my life. A minute of your time will be well worth it for you and your team. Thanks, Mike...

Last edited: Apr 12, 2007
  2. michael hall

michael hall New Member

Even One Reply Would Be Nice, Like Go To Hell, Anything. Just Because My Last Name Isn't Force Or Schumacher Doesn't Mean I Cannot Drive Something...

3. Frankie

Frankie Jr. Dragster

Most all of us holding competition licenses can drive something, but other than that it doesnt mean squat without a large bankroll to go with it. I have inquired with a few west coast teams with my desire to drive, ability to work on the cars etc. They all say thats great but what can you bring to the table besides a driving suit and a desire to race. Its all about the money ( for the most part ) Maybe youll get lucky and somebody will come along an offer you a ride without you having to ante up funds to do so. Good luck in your quest.

4. michael hall

michael hall New Member

I do have some funding available, just tired of hearing about some rich kids daddy building him a Top Fueler cause he's bored. There are some of us out there that will never be known that have grown up with the desire, the seat time and just can't seem to get a break. I'm not looking to jump into a fuel ride, heck, Super Stock or something just to get my name out there. I've sold my soul TWICE now for a chance to drive, and all I have is a burnt butt and a valid license!!

5. Frankie

Frankie Jr. Dragster

Mike,

Dont get me wrong, Im with ya on this. I worked long and hard to accumulate the stuff I had only to have somebody steal it from me one night. It might be a long time before I ever own a race car again. I accumulated the stuff I had before my wife and I had kids. Now with two kids under the age of 7 at home, there arent any extra funds for a race car. Id be happy to jump into a bracket car given the opportunity, but alcohol is the ultimate dream for me. Hopefully something will come along for you, keep plugging away at it.

6. Crew

Crew Volunteer

The only way to know is to ask. Lots of rides for lease right now. If your curious, ask a couple of the smaller teams if they would interested in "leasing the ride"? Be upfront about what you can bring to the table. It's not realistic to think that someone will up and ask you to drive their car for free. It will take money to get into a ride. However, seek small to medium sponsorships ($5k-$20k) and then it's no money out of your pocket. I've actually heard of rides leasing 4k up to 20k per race. Good Luck.

7. tdratfc

tdratfc New Member

check your pm

8. michael hall

michael hall New Member

Guys, I am not here to look like a jerk and just be bitchy. I waited all my life to drive something, got my license in a blown alky altered, and drove it for a few years. After a VERY LARGE engine failure, the car has sat for a while until all the pieces can be put together. I wanted this ride more than anything, and justy feel like I may not get the chance to prove myself. I have crewed on many cars, helped out with a friend who needed a driver, and now I'm back to watching and waiting.

9. Goldy

Goldy New Member

hired gun - Mike Hall

Hey Mike : CHILL OUT ! You know me and I admire you for posting your desire to drive. Keep posting, something may pop up. I'm just an old drag racer still doing what I love. I used to run A/FD in comp elim, ran Top Fuel as a non pro weekly racer for years and Top Alcohol dragster. Now I have settled for running Nostalgia Top Fuel and Nostalgia FC. Certainly I would like to be running NHRA events but that seems to be beyond my wallet these days. Thats why you see me crewing on so many NHRA cars, I just want to stay involved. Right now I have more old cars and parts than I have time to put them together. Next time you see me at a race, we can chat. Go to www.funnycarreunion.com and check out a picture of my FC, it is formerly John Forces Wendy's Corvette, now it is (of course) called GOOD VIBRATIONS as all my cars have been. I have a dragster license but not a FC license, so I have John Rose Jr. do the driving and we have a lot of fun doing it. So I'm just trying to say that there are people out there who need a shoe so keep posting and chill out.
    See ya at the drags GOLDY

10. michael hall

michael hall New Member

You are the man Goldy, nostalgia cars are my preference, but heck, I grew up in the 70's 80's with funny cars and still love the front engine, gasser, altered stuff!