Help with a RCD BB Chevy Gear drive setup

Discussion in 'PSI Superchargers Tech Questions' started by altered1, Aug 20, 2010.

1. altered1

altered1 Member

For something that is the best there is I bought a RCD bb chevy gear drive set up and it came in plastic bags NO paper work WHAT SO EVER finally got a exploded view of all the parts but no info on how to install it. I called my self and a friend pretty smart but this has proved us wrong. it needs to be set 114 and the best we got so far is 107 and I think 120 PLEASE HELP

http://www.goodvibesracing.com/rcd_gear_drives.htm

2. aj481x

aj481x Member

3. Comax Racing

Comax Racing Member

Gear drive

I use a Milodon gear drive on my bb chev engine and I agree they are a bit of a pain to get the cam timing correct. I had George Sitko build me a cam hub with twice the holes in it and it makes it way easier to fine a set of holes that line up. Go to the Milodon website and read the install instructions for their gear drive(should be very similar procedures) . It explains how to do the cam timing, I usually use the .050 method for the timing and it seems to be a bit easier than the centerline method.

Hope this helps a bit

Corey

4. altered1

altered1 Member

5. altered1

altered1 Member

thanks, andy

6. aj481x

aj481x Member

Just put the cam and crank where you want them. Then get the bolts to line up.

7. SoDak

SoDak Active Member

I have found this to be the quickest also. Of course you're checking it after everythings tight to make sure its what you want.

8. Don Onimus

Don Onimus New Member

cam degreeing

Make sure you always go left past the .050 then back to the .050 so you take out the slack. It took me awhile to get it. I got some directions from Donavan and I read then every time. I do one. doesn't matter who,s drive it is. Good luck + take your time. Don

9. altered1

altered1 Member

thanks all I went to milodon site ordered the tape, Patence is a virtue and I know good things take time, andy