Head Gasket thickness?

Discussion in 'PSI Superchargers Tech Questions' started by Don Onimus, Oct 20, 2011.

1. Don Onimus

Don Onimus New Member

What is the thinnest copper gasket that will work ? i USE hUSSEY AND cLARKS. thank you don

2. aj481x

aj481x Member

.041" works really good.

3. Money Shot

Money Shot Member

Ive used .041. 060 and .080. Seems the thicker they get the easier they blow. Im currently using .041 with no prob.

4. underby6

underby6 Active Member

.041 is as thin as I'd recommend going, after that you need to use them and toss them every weekend. Husey makes a very nice gasket and the material seems to be nicer than the Clark. Flatout also makes a very nice gasket.

Brandon Booher
    NHRA TAD #34

5. youngtuner

youngtuner Member

.041 is the thinnest I beleive that will really work and press correctly into the o-ring groove.
    I would say SCE gaskets makes the nicest gaskets, best material.
    Jonathan Pickett

6. pleasureseekers

pleasureseekers New Member

hussey

I know this is a little of topic but I don’t know about hussy any more since I read in our local paper (Delaware the state where all the business are supposed to be located) that our bankruptcy court has set a date for their asset to be auctioned off hopefully not but does not look good at all

7. john348

john348 Top Alcohol

8. Dave Germain

Dave Germain New Member

Hussey Copper

Hussey Copper is a very big company and only one small part of it was head gaskets. I think they were a supplier to many industrial users of copper. But on the other hand I called them one time for contingency stickers for my car. I have ran Hussey head gaskets for years but I buy them from Bob Miner. They gave me crap for even wanting the stickers even though I have their products in my car. Hmmm a company that quibbles about a couple stickers and goes under? Maybe that was how all their business was run? Dave Germain

9. youngtuner

youngtuner Member

Call SCE Gaskets Ryan and Caleb are a great family run operation. They make the best product and treat racers like friends.
    Jonathan Pickett

10. Gizmo

Gizmo Member

Flatout Gaskets supports this site...nuff said. Flatout will make you any thickness you want and offers a unique coating on their gasket as well. The dimpled oiling holes also eliminate the need to silicone the ends.

Steve L.