Hans Device?

Discussion in 'PSI Superchargers Tech Questions' started by Brownman, Feb 23, 2004.

1. Brownman

Brownman New Member

Is anyone currently using head restraints? If so, which brand name and how workable is it? The "Hans" seems like an important device but can the driver function with it on. See the Nitro gangs all use one. If were going to use one, I would like the shoe to get used to it right away. Thanks Again, Brownman :D

2. was R4K

was R4K Member

STILL WAITING FOR THE FIRST OUTING TO TRY THE NEW "hans". TRIED THEM ALL AT THE PRI SHOW, AND IT WAS THE SIMPLEST FOR MY NEEDS- YOU CAN STEP WAY UP AND HAVE A CUSTOM SEAT BUILT LIKE THE PRO TEAMS, BUT YOU HAVE TO BRING YOUR CAR TO INDY FOR CUSTOM FITTING.

3. Will Hanna

Will Hanna We put the 'inside' in Top Alcohol
    Staff Member

call dennis at taylor motorsports, he sells them.

you can see them at the website, taylormotorsports.com

4. Dennis Taylor

Dennis Taylor Authorized Merchant

Not only do we sell them, I wear one as well. No problems. DT

5. Brownman

Brownman New Member

Dennis......Nice job on our seat and fast turn around! Will be shipping out the blower restraint very soon. Do you use the Hans that is on the web site? Thanks..Brownman :D

6. Hemi Parts

Hemi Parts Top Fuel

Here is my advice for what it's worth. Call Dennis Taylor now. Don't drive without a Hans device. I have worn one for three years and I wouldn't even consider a pass without one on. You can move your head as much as you need to and it will stay attached in the event of a mishap. We are not super comp racing where we need to crane our necks around to see our opponent.

Bill

7. Brownman

Brownman New Member

Seems like a silly question as to spending a few more bucks on safety stuff. Going to Memphis this weekend and check out those down home boys! Gonna get a better look at all the options and maybe even learn( STEAL?)a few tricks from the pros. Will be with Branch and Etterman for the event (Thanks to Tates invitation) See Ya all this weekend. Brownman :D

8. flash

flash top alcohol

did you pay for yours? or was it supplied for you because you run top fuel??? saftey is saftey but it is a sportsman class that is for the most paid out of the racers pocket.hard to put a price on saftey ,but somebody has to pay for it!!!

9. Hemi Parts

Hemi Parts Top Fuel

Mine was supplied by General motors as part of a pilot program when they were first invented to test their effectiveness. I am very grateful to GM for providing the Hans device. What I paid for it is not relevant to my opinion though. I would gladly pay for one now knowing what I know.

The original post merely asked about which devices we had carnal knowledge of not how much they cost or who paid for them vs. not paying for them.

My advice is wear one. It's worth the investment.

But that's just my opinion. I might be wrong.

Bill

10. Dan Lynch

Dan Lynch Member

There you go Brownman. Looks like Bill just offered to buy your shoe a Hans Device....

[ March 26, 2004, 05:09 AM: Message edited by: Dan Lynch ]

11. P/M Truck

P/M Truck New Member

The HANS device looks to offer good fore/aft cervical support in the event of an impact in the same direction. Are there devices that can offer lateral support as well, or does a person then simply begin to tighten the cage & seat around the helmet to ward off lateral movement of the head? Trying to protect against a predisposed neck condition.