GIZMO ?

Discussion in 'PSI Superchargers Tech Questions' started by chieftan55, Nov 7, 2003.

1. chieftan55

chieftan55 New Member

can someone tell me what the Gizmo is. also what the lock up cluch Does diferent than normal

2. Rapid Transit

Rapid Transit New Member

Gizmo was the name of a Mogwi, if you get them wet they turn into Gremlins.
    :D Sorry, I couldn't help it.
    Kim [​IMG] LOL

3. Tommy

Tommy Super Comp

it blows up in Cy Chestermans bellhousing causing him to leave Pamona early. that's diffrent from normal.

4. was R4K

was R4K Member

Tommy- I have been trying to confirm that it was the new clutch hat from Davenport/AFT and have not been able to confirm- Are youcertain or is it still rumor? thks.

5. Scott

Scott New Member

He did not run Friday night, and his truck and trailer were gone Saturday AM.

6. chieftan55

chieftan55 New Member

I really would like to know the reason the NHRA will not let the blown cars run this GIZMO.Also about the lock up clutch. Maybe you have to kill me if you tell.

7. Randy G.

Randy G. Top Alcohol

The GIZMO was supposedly released to the public by PSI after the NHRA mandated cut-off date for new blower designs. It was in use in 1996 though, by a select few. NHRA decided it was an illegal blower.

Regarding the supposed lock-up clutch, the information I have is that the clutch that blew up in Chesterman's car was the original prototype and not a production unit. The production units are stronger.