Fontana / Miner Bros. Racing Engine

Discussion in 'PSI Superchargers Tech Questions' started by wmsthree, Feb 11, 2006.

1. wmsthree

wmsthree New Member

I understand that the Miner brothers have bought the Fontana engine program. Do they have a website for these engines? How do I get in contact to get some information on these engines? Thanks everyone.

2. Woodchip

Woodchip Top Alcohol Dragster

What was once an Arias then was refined into a Fontana has now been further developed into a "Rhino"

Miner Brothers Racing Engines

209-946-0258

anyone remember way back when these things has three pushrods?

3. Lethal Threat Racing

I was told the aries block was now the new century block.

4. mike tkach

mike tkach New Member

arias

arias origionally made the 8.3L block,that program was baught buy a company called [barnes fontana].then the company split ,barnes went on to make oil pumps,fontana continued with the fontana block&components.now the mines bros are makeing a billet version of the fontana block...

5. mike tkach

mike tkach New Member

arias

i forgot to mention,arias then started to make a block they called the 10L it is basically a carbon copy of a kb600 also known as kb olds.i,m not sure if aries is still producing the 10L or not

6. Woodchip

Woodchip Top Alcohol Dragster

Didn't Brent Bramley test a V-6 version of the Arias back in its 3 pushrod days?

7. Randy G.

Randy G. Top Alcohol

I do. I had one. That was in 1980.

RG

8. was R4K

was R4K Member

Bramley tested a 427/426 cu in?? v6 which was the 8.3 litre minus 2 cyl. not the 3 pushrod design.

9. RBS

RBS Authorized Merchant

Blocks

BLOWN VETTE THE NEW CENTURY WAS ARIAS'S VERSION OF THE K-B OLDS WHICH I BELIEVE HAS BEEN SOLD TO A COMPANY BACK EAST

10. Lethal Threat Racing

So the New century block is just a copy of an KB Olds block? Or are you saying it is a copy of the aries block that was a copy of the olds block so this would make it VER 3.0? What a mess do any of you guys run the New Century blocks?

11. Lonnie Houde

Lonnie Houde Member

We have a New Century block in our car. The block itself has over 200 runs on it, and we haven't had any problems so far. It's a 526" motor with RFE 12 degree wedge heads. Last year we ran a Kobelco 16-71/HH at 38% over with about 44lbs of boost. However, we just bought/recieved a new PSI "C" rotor blower for it. I have a feeling we're gonna need to get a billet block, when we go to lean on it with the new "Gizmo" blower.:D

12. NITROBANDIT1

NITROBANDIT1 LOST IN SPACE

fontana engine

i see there is a little confusion on blocks. the new century arias is a chevrolet style block . it can have different block heights and cam heights, but doesnt share a extreme amount of resemblance to the fontana/miner blocks. the blocks are cncd by cn blocks in texas. they have 5/8 inch head studs,and a removable 4inch bottom side rails that are replaceable in case the rods exit. most are 10.7 deck for alky fc. the gear drives and manifolds are completely mag and huge ports flow about 550 cfm with 2.6 valves.on intake . these engines are everything a bbc should have been!

13. Brad L

Brad L Member

14. afuelfreak

afuelfreak New Member

you can bye cheaper anchors for your boat @ a boat shop that are a little easier to toss over board,

15. Worms

Worms Member

afuelfreak, how much experience do you have with these "boat anchors"? I can tell you one thing that goes with these motors is the genuine help and experience of Bob Miner, which, after recently converting to this deal from cookie cutter brand x, says a lot, especially when you are not on home soil, and having difficulty with parts quality and supply. And he's friendly too.....

16. Dave Koehler

Dave Koehler Member

17. Clutch Kid

I Could Not Agree More With "worms", The Miner Bros Combo Is Most Likely The Most Reliable Engine Out There, And A Pleasure To Work On As Well. Like "worms" Said There Is No Better Hands On Help Than Bob Miner, A True Racer That Cares About His Customers And How They Perform, A Great Guy To Have In Your Corner. Not To Mention 6 National And 5 Divisional Event Wins In 2005, Along Gasparrelli Finishing #3 In The Nation. Not Bad For A Bunch Of Boat Anchors.

-tt-

18. afuelfreak

afuelfreak New Member

have worked on em , many long days & nights before & after the minor boys owned em , & long enough to know they need to redesign that frt cover
    & gear drive assy, & that anybody who really got em to work, didnt get much help from the manufacter & to mantain that engine takes twice as long
    as brand x . if you have an issue in the frt cover you better have another bullet in the trailer , guys like stark spent there own dime to rengineer a complete new frt cover & pump drive & oil pump assy, just so they could make stay together as long as brand x have also seen em pull the threads out of the main studs way to much , to the point of you would rather skip checking the mains versus swaping the engine during rounds , heard the miner bros. are not interested in making the heads , any different despite
    the racers needs , & the way the rules dictate smaller cube inch to weight changes the heads need to change like many brand x heads have changed per cust request ,have worked on a very competitive team that spent many cubic dollers to fix or modify alot of problems that , should have been seen bye the manufacture , currently working with a new team & we have brand x
    & i will tell ya it's like cheating compared to running a aries /fontana / miner/
    & the choices for quality parts is double , there just isnt enough people making parts ,or they havent made em yet & you will pay double or triple for a onezee or twozee, so if somebody is thinking of starting from scratch they should know what there in for

19. Clutch Kid

Front Cover Problems? How Long Has It Been Since You Have Been Around One Of These Engines? What "very Competitive" Team Did You Work For That Ran One Of These Motors? Explain How It Is Like "cheating" Running A Brand X Motor? There Have Been No Problems What So Ever Getting Parts Needed To Run This Engine, Going Back To The Great Service From Mr. Miner. ?????

20. afuelfreak

afuelfreak New Member

nough said !!!