Flow meter mounting

Discussion in 'PSI Superchargers Tech Questions' started by frank70, Jul 7, 2018.

1. frank70

frank70 NOSTALGIA DRAGSTER

Is there an ideal way to mount the flow Meter?
    Is it ok to run a hard stainless line in between it and the barrel valve or should it be flexible and how long should it be?
    Just looking for any information or does it really not matter and the effects that you may see from mounting it different ways.
    Thanks for any info!

2. rb0804

rb0804 Active Member

I like flexible hose on all fuel lines, they are less prone to come loose due to vibration and tire shake. Same thing for the flow meter, they seem to be pretty durable, but the soft line isolates it from most of that. Run your hoses in a way that the weight of the flow meter isn’t putting unnecessary stain on the hoses. This is my preference, but I see others that soild mount them off of a stainless tube.

3. Mike Canter

Mike Canter Top Dragster
    Staff Member

Only use a flex hose. You need about 4” of hose coming out of the BV to the flow meter to reduce turbulence same coming out of the flow meter before the split. I zip tie the flowmeter to the restraint plate ontop of the blower.

Will Hanna likes this.
  4. Big Steve

Big Steve Member

Mike this is how my flow meter is plumbed, about 6 inches #10 into flow meter then a #10 union then a Automan Wye down to #8. Do see any issue with this not having hose out of the flow meter?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. Mike Canter

Mike Canter Top Dragster
    Staff Member

I think that is a good as you are going to get. The Automan Y fitting is very smooth inside.. i doubt that there is any turbelance created in that setup.

6. Big Steve

Big Steve Member

Thanks Mike I appreciate it

7. rb0804

rb0804 Active Member

I don’t like to use the swivel unions because they tend to come loose from vibration, if you check it frequently it shouldn’t be an issue.