Fire system

Discussion in 'PSI Superchargers Tech Questions' started by alkydrager, Mar 24, 2013.

1. alkydrager

alkydrager Member

Ready to purchase a suppression system. Whats the best way to go for a fuel altered.
    Thanks

2. Ro Yale

Ro Yale Member

I just ordered a new system and DJ Safety made me a good deal. Entire system at a better price than others wanted for just a bottle.

3. rick macedo racing

rick macedo racing New Member

Joe at DJ Safety,period

4. br22bob

br22bob Member

DJ' s is the best at the right price! Bob

5. alkydrager

alkydrager Member

Thank You

Thanks for the advice.
    Jody

6. a/fd slngsht

a/fd slngsht Member

Dj safety.. great people to deal with!!

7. john348

john348 Top Alcohol

I am going to go against the flow here and say Firefox
    most all the big show cars run this
    you trip them and need to borrow, run the same as everyone else does
    or carry spares!

8. Blownalky

Blownalky Top Sportsman

Yep, just installed a pair. Not much difference in price. They still work while the car is upside down or any direction. There is always a reason why people run them, not just price. The value is better if they are more effective in an accident. Double check the chemical inside by each manufacturer too, some are caustic when heated and they may also etch shiny aluminum and mag parts when coated with it.

9. alkydrager

alkydrager Member

Where?

Where did you purchase the system?
    Thanks,
    Jody

10. Blownalky

Blownalky Top Sportsman

Directly from FireFox.

11. jackattack

jackattack Member

recert

I have 2 f400 bottles that need recert,I assume my only option is to ship to Firefox?I understand they have to be emptied first also,any ideas how to do this safely and neatly?how about refill and recerts costs?

12. Blownalky

Blownalky Top Sportsman

Jim at Firefox says to just let them go in the car as it is just water and some soapy substance. I've had two go off for various reasons and the cleanup is pretty easy but since one of these discharges was me pressing on the plunger while removing, I'd just do that outside of the car. Just hit the actuator and have the outlet hose point somewhere. It's about $350 for each bottle for a refill and re-cert which really seems high to me since you have to do it every two years. Another SFI scam in my opinion. It also can take a while to get them back so you may want to consider having an extra bottle but then you run into the SFI re-cert date crap. Good luck on whichever route you take.

13. planbmotorsports

FireFox

Do not release the chemicals out of the bottles to send them back. It will cost you $500 for them to refill them. All you have to do is release the pressure. There is a Schrader core on the side that you can release the pressure and the chemical stays in the bottle. Been down this road already. Also I have been waiting for a new pair of fire bottles from Firefox for almost 10 months now. Bought and paid for and they still have not shipped. They keep telling me that there manufacturer of the tanks is having issues and cant get tanks. If I was buying a whole new system I would stay away from FireFox.

14. jackattack

jackattack Member

not off to a good start,they don't answer their phone or return msgs left,and no response so far on e mails.....lovely,i just about crapped myself when you said $350 per bottle to recert WTF

15. GTPerf

GTPerf Member

Call Mike at Plumb Wired Good guy he will shoot straight with you and knows everyone's products, do it right the first time you life may depend on it. If you aren't careful a lot of these company's will sale you a system that will work but not within NHRA and IHRA rules Like they don't come with stainless lines or proper activation for your class, you take your car to tech inspection and they tell you to replace the fire system lines they just sold you.
    Plumb Wired
    540 580 2076