Filling co2 bottles

Discussion in 'PSI Superchargers Tech Questions' started by hotrodharlkey, Aug 6, 2013.

1. hotrodharlkey

hotrodharlkey New Member

Ok..we have 3 welding supply shops in my town and 1 coke plant and a beer plant..none of them can fill my 10 oz co2 bottle..went to only gun shop in town and they fill co2 bottles for paint guns but when they hook my tank up to there fill hose to leaked around fitting so couldn't fill;;;does anyone know if theres a adapter i can get so they can fill my bottle?

2. Comax Racing

Comax Racing Member

I just went through all this using a paintball rig to fill race bottles. You need to make or buy a small fiber washer to seal against the face of your CO2 bottle. I don't have pics of this at work but basically its just a small fiber disc(washer looking thing) that goes into the paintball fill valve and then you thread your bottle onto it. The fiber disc takes up the difference in distance between the fill valve and the 10 oz bottle and seals it. The 10 oz bottle threads bottom out before the fill valve is tight, the disc fits against the shoulder of the fill valve(inside) and gives your bottle valve something to seal against.

When I say "fiber disc" it looks like a washer made out of a piece of hard(real hard) gasket material. Mines about 3/16" thick. I got it with my fill rig.

If this didn't quite make sense I can get some pics up tomorrow.

Corey

3. secondwindracing

secondwindracing top alcohol

any one that sells pop as in a restaurant or burger joint will have extra washers we own roller skating centers and sell pop we keep a 1/2 a doz. of them around..Dave

4. Randy G.

Randy G. Top Alcohol

We used to use spark plug washers. No leaks.

5. hotrodharlkey

hotrodharlkey New Member

Thanks everyone..the washer trick worked..they was able to fill my bottles after putting the washers in fitting..
    ON THE SUBJECT OF CO2..i'm using one bottle to control my air shift on my B&M Bandit PG shifter;;the other bottle for my air launch control on thottle..have a 2 preset[non adjustable]regulators..one is 80lbs and other is 150lbs.what one should use on shifter?

6. promodracer

promodracer Member

co2 bottle

Fish stores like bass pro shops...

7. grumpy

grumpy New Member

why take your bottles to someone. I bought a co2 bottle from the welding store and made a filling setup. hose from full tank and three valves on the end to my co2 bottle to be filled. one to purge air from hose second to vent and third to fill the co2. seems I have a leak or problem at the worst time. plus im not running to the paintball place all the time

8. secondwindracing

secondwindracing top alcohol

when filling you should weight it and also do a liquid charge..if you look on your co2 bottle it will tell you the filled weight we fill our own more times at the track than not.Dave

9. slowboy0

slowboy0 New Member

Are any of you guys using a pump to fill your bottles?