FAT HEADS

Discussion in 'PSI Superchargers Tech Questions' started by DON KANENWISHER, Dec 22, 2003.

1. DON KANENWISHER

DON KANENWISHER New Member

ANY OPINIONS ON BAE HEADS VS. SANCHEZ. DOE'S ANYONE KNOW WHO TO CONTACT ON THE SANCHEZ HEADS?

2. mitch myers

mitch myers Guest

total flow products/ steve sanchez 248-58-4490

tell him mitch myers sent you

3. NITROITCH

NITROITCH New Member

Are Sanchez heads, reworked BAE "5" or are they his own design and or his billets?
    Also, are the "new 5's" sometimes refered to as
    "BAE 6" the same as 5's but with a different combustion chamber and piston, as in JE.???
    thanks for any update on this, Warren D

4. Will Hanna

Will Hanna We put the 'inside' in Top Alcohol
    Staff Member

warren,

sanchez heads - total flow's- are very similar to fat heads....they have some slightly different stuff going on in the intake runner from what i understand. all fat head accessories, rockers, valve covers, etc bolt on to these heads.

here's the info. total flow alky heads

5. Alkydrag

Alkydrag Sr. Dragster

I've had the opportunity to use one of the first sets of -5 heads that Steve modified. These were supposed to have been used on Dewayne Shields dragster the first time he ran a 30. Shields was doing the R&D. We had to add more fuel to the motor and they definitly made more power. It's too bad that we never had the oppurtunity too see their full potential.

6. Aussie Alky

Aussie Alky New Member

Will, can you tell us who in TA/FC uses the Total Flow heads, and how do they correct the valve train problems, such as galled pushrod balls and cups? Why would you purchase these instead of BAE?
    Any info would be appreciated.
    Thanks.

7. Will Hanna

Staff Member

jeff craig is the only one that i know of off hand, i'm sure there are more.

as far as what they are doing to correct push rod galding, i couldn't tell you what they are doing.

i know the best thing is drazy's big adjusters. i believe they have a 3/8 ball. everyone i know that has switched to them has eliminated push rod gaulding.

8. Greg

Greg New Member

Frank Parker showed me that they were using a Mr. Moly product on their pushrod cups. I tried it and it helped mine too. I can get the part number if you need. The trick is to completely dry the cup before applying the moly.

9. flash

flash top alcohol

used to burn a couple of rocker balls & cups every pass,cost me a motor last year at houston.did the psi-norm drazie mod and added direct oiling to intake shafts-"NO PROBLEMS since then"

10. Alkydrag

Alkydrag Sr. Dragster

Not sure what changes Sanchez does to correct valvtrain problems. We used to make sure rocker balls were no bigger than .309" and had a flat on the bottom of them. Then we filled the cup with a moly lube that we got from Manton, then filled the rocker shafts with oil every morning. Rocker shafts were also filled with oil when we ran the valves. Intake rockers had an annular groove machined into the bushing for longer oiling duration.

11. Randy G.

Randy G. Top Alcohol

Do what 9 out of 10 alky racers have done and call Drazy.

12. Will Hanna

Staff Member

anyone heard if drazy's new rocker assembly is going to be out soon?

13. Aussie Alky

Aussie Alky New Member

Will, can you share any info on the PSI rocker deal?

Thanks.