Espn sucks

Discussion in 'Pit Buzz' started by sportsman fan, Jul 12, 2009.

1. sportsman fan

sportsman fan New Member

The race was to start at 7:00 pm eastern them they moved it 5:30 pm eastern and did not start also. They better get their head out their ass because people are going to start sending more hate then they can handle. You know if it was a redneck roundy round race it start on time:mad:

2. Rodney O. Trower

Rodney O. Trower New Member

Yep, ESPN sucks, bust ass all day to make the time to watch drag racing, and oh no its the ice carving championship or the cheese eating championship. Good lord!!

Last edited: Jul 14, 2009
  3. lugnut

lugnut Member

I don't know what you guys are so pissed off about,it could be on speed!!!!You ever seen their coverage, at least ESPN shows the race the same day it happens.Their coverage is far superior to speed channel,so what if programming is behind.It is aggrevating, but it could be much worse!

4. rick macedo racing

rick macedo racing New Member

I did enjoy the good coverage of the baseball game

5. JustinatAce

JustinatAce Member

Yeah, I didn't realize until after the All Star Futures game how much I really missed in the world of AA and AAA baseball. :) I wouldn't have been so upset if it didn't take almost 3 hours. Just when you thought it was getting close, they brought in a new pitcher for every batter.

6. TimeMachine

TimeMachine Member

7. noelmanton

noelmanton Authorized Merchant

Coverage

You think you had it bad, I had 31 people at my house and We had to find other ways to keep half of them entertained. When the race did come on everybody just hung out for a few extra hours. By the time they did leave "ALL THE FOOD WAS GONE" What a mess---------

Noel

8. Rodney O. Trower

Rodney O. Trower New Member

Good point about Speed. Because I sand drag race it is sometimes on Speed, what a joke. However ESPM could cut baseball off and start the drag races on time. After all in baseball they play like a million games a year, cutting a few off would not hurt my feelings.

9. Lethal Threat Racing

I hate when sports run over.One time it was trick bolwing. It would of been cool if i was not jonesing for drag racing. Baseball is fun to play but watching to me sucks, then they change the pitcher and hold the game up, is just to much. Glad it is was AA so it was only 7 and not 9 innings that would of been another hour and a half.

10. ubtheone

ubtheone New Member

What I hate about espn is the inconsistant air date of the TA sportsman airing on Sundays and sometimes on Saturday. I usually look forward to Sunday after the TA classes are run from prior week but the Norwalk race was aired on Saturday and I missed it.

11. Ro Yale

Ro Yale Member

Qualifying today they talked about BS during runs. Force is my favorite driver but I could give a damn about his daughters doing fung shwey! This is rediculous. ESPN must be doing more harm than good to NHRA. Wake up NHRA, you should be selling the show not paying some idiots to run off your fans! I'm done now....still pissed!
    Ro Yale

Last edited: Jul 19, 2009
  12. JBJ

JBJ Member

X2:Not doing them any good.

13. vwsamba

vwsamba Member

yeah that bit was an all time low. my skin was crawling:eek: and the stupid bit about force's scooter.....
    i watch drag racing to well er...see and hear about drag racing. i wish they had more tech bits like in old ND bits from the pits but that requires real reporters who are interested so i don't see that happening soon..
    Mike Dunn is great tho but he could be used so much better.

14. sportsman fan

sportsman fan New Member

Thanks again ESPN

Lets see I think that makes three weeks in a row.that ESPN has stuck us in the ---. Boy it is starting to hurt! Qualifying starts late again should have been 1 1/2 hour show Hmmmmmmmm! Eliminations start late 1/2 hour later Sunday night any bets they stick us in the --- again!

15. mbaker3

mbaker3 New Member

The problem with me is that I record all of the drag racing so I can watch it and not watch the advertisements. When it starts late, I'm recording the stuff that runs into the racing time and I never get to see the end!:mad:

16. clint thompson

why can't they ever get it right

Man, what a bunch of crap, soccer highlights and commentary over time when the drags are supposed to be on........:mad:

17. pennance

pennance Member

U think from a spectator side its bad. Look at it from the racer side.

Example.....Winternationals Pomona

Rains thurs,fri,sat,sun. So instead of rescheduling the race for the next weekend to finish. they run it on mon and tues cause the ESPN crews cant be there to finish the race. They will be at Daytona the next weekend. If you own a business like i do, when u dont plan at least weeks ahead of time its a cant do situation.