Duane Shields Goes to Semi Finals at New York Regional

Discussion in 'Alcohol Racing News' started by News Editor, Jul 6, 2017.

By News Editor on Jul 6, 2017 at 10:59 AM
  1. News Editor

News Editor Administrator

Duane Shields in the PEAK A/Fuel Dragster made it to the semifinal round at a rain plagued NHRA Lucas Oil Regional event contested at Lebanon Valley Speedway in upstate New York. Duane qualified fifth in the tough eight car field with a 5.58 at 262 MPH. “On the second qualifier, I went out a ways and then spun the tires. I’m not sure if the track was wet or what. It rained after our run so the field was set” Duane said.

On Saturday with the rain threat still hanging around, Duane faced east coast regular Dan Page in round one of eliminations. Duane won the race by a wide margin with a 5.38 at 266 MPH to Page's 5.87 at 193 MPH. Duane then advanced to the semifinal round where he met up with Josh Hart. Unfortunately, Duane shook and had to pedal the car resulting in a loss. Duane posted a 5.51 at 266 MPH to Hart’s winning 5.40 at 265 MPH. “I was hoping to get past the tricky spot on the track. Unfortunately I didn’t. Duane said

Duane is looking forward to the Route 66 NHRA Nationals, his next event. “Chicago is next weekend and we are excited to race in our sponsor’s home town. Go PEAK!” Duane would like to thank PEAK Antifreeze and Motor Oil, Final Charge, Blue Def, NGK, GRP and Brad Anderson Enterprises.

Sub-Categories: This article has no sub-categories

Comments

Discussion in 'Alcohol Racing News' started by News Editor, Jul 6, 2017.