Dual Pickup Oil Pump

Discussion in 'PSI Superchargers Tech Questions' started by dcovey, Aug 29, 2018.

1. dcovey

dcovey Member

I've read everything I could find about Oil Pans/Systems on ITA that I could find. I've decided on a wet system only because of room (not to mention cost).
    Engine is a KB with BAE3 heads. It will be 1/8 mile only.
    I have opened up the oil drain holes in the block and heads, increased oil flow to the exh rockers with a spray bar and external oiling to the intake rocker shaft.

I have a Moroso 20045 oil pan (funny car) capacity will be 14+ after I see what happens.

My question is what do you think of adding a pickup to the pan in front of the static pickup already there? Would I be aerating the oil? Milodon dual pickup. Not wanting to use the swinging pickup.

Thanks
    Dave

2. TOL

TOL Active Member

The problem with dual pickup points for one suction source is that as soon as one loses suction, so does the other. 2-stage dry sump pump, different story. Not a good idea with a single pump.

3. dcovey

dcovey Member

Thanks for reply.

The Milodon pump has two suction inputs to the pump, but they both feed the same area so I get that they would affect each other. Thought about that but was thinking maybe someone had try'd it and would chime in.

Thanks
    Dave