Drive hub shot- need help identifying manufacturer

Discussion in 'Pit Buzz' started by aafa434, Mar 29, 2013.

1. aafa434

aafa434 Fuelish Habit

Drive hat shot- need help identifying manufacturer

Found a loose wheel stud and when I went to tighten it up, it was pretty obvious that the hat threads were shot. Pulled the wheel and brake caliper off and found that the hat was also showing cracks where the wheel studs enter. Now comes the hard part. I have a race in 7 days and don't have a clue who makes these or where to get a set. I figure if one is bad, it's sister on the other side has been to the same dances so I'm replacing a set.

Anybody got any ideas?

Last edited: Mar 29, 2013
  2. maddhatter

maddhatter Jr. Dragster

drive hub

i can see the picture it doesnt show anything lol if its lamb its usually engraved (cnc) even the caliper brackets ... if the diff is made by strange u prob should get in touch w them

3. THUNDER R P

THUNDER R P Member

Check you pm

4. aafa434

aafa434 Fuelish Habit

Update: just to keep everyone in the loop.

Called three places about this today. Strange, Moser, Scheiner Enterprises.

Schriener only makes scuff for off road trucks and has no notable drag racing expertise.

Moser only makes their drive plates on 40 spline and that would cause me to have to change spools, too , since that is a 30 spline and they don't make that spline either. 5 days to put it together and $1900.

Strange- spoke to Mr. Ed. He of promised to call me back with price and availability when I spoke to him at 9:20 am. 3:20 pm, I call back because I still haven't heard from him. Talked to a woman who forwarded my call to ---- his voice mail. Didn't call me back at all today.

Will call Mark Williams and Sommers Brothers tomorrow and see what they have.

5. FEDowner

FEDowner Member

Talk to Jose at Summers Bros 909-395-5555, he remade all new floater assemblies for me. This replaced my stuff from the 70's. Tell him Jim with the Nostalgia dragster sent you.