Does that make it official?

Discussion in 'Pit Buzz' started by ROF, Jul 12, 2003.

1. ROF

ROF Top Dragster

I was just reading the results from Oregon on Drag Race Central and the poster stated that Gasparrelli had purchased Pat Austin's FC. I guess that makes it official that he is now retired. Does anyone have any more info. Is he building a new car and just helped out a friend? I sure hope we didn't loose another quality Team.

By the way, glad to here you are putting your team back together again Randy. You have always added some class to the class.

2. Randy G.

Randy G. Top Alcohol

F-O-R:

I'm having so much fun running Dennis Taylor's car right now that I'm having second thoughts. After all, I'm spending HIS money!

Gasparrelli's were looking for a car immediately after Steve's crash and contacted everyone they know with a car trying to buy, rent or borrow it. They even looked at a chassis that Brett Williamson built for Wayne (the Boogie Man) Stoekel a few years ago that still sits in Brett's shop.

They called Walt about Pat's car and Walt didn't want to sell it because they intend to race again. I haven't talked to Steve Gasparrelli since Walt finally agreed to sell it to them, but I'm sure it was a sweet deal for both, and Walt has the means to build another one if he wishes.

My personal opinion is that this whole thing worked out very well for the Gasparrelli's. Pat's car is one sweet ride and is a money-was-no-object TA/FC when built. The Gasparrelli's now have what I would consider to be the nicest TA/FC's ever built, and you'll find nothing any nicer. It's a shame they destroyed their car in the process, but this is a case of chicken soup becoming chicken pot pie with all the fixin's.

3. Kingnitro

Kingnitro New Member

RG, when did Steve crash his car?

4. Randy G.

Randy G. Top Alcohol