Demke Adds Third Consecutive Route 66 Nationals Win to 2015 Scorecard

Discussion in 'Alcohol Racing News' started by News Editor, Jul 15, 2015.

1. News Editor

News Editor Administrator

Demke Adds Third Consecutive Route 66 Nationals Win to 2015 Scorecard

JOLIET, Ill. (July 15, 2015) – It's easy to see why Route 66 Raceway is one of Chris Demke's favorite tracks, as the California driver has enjoyed plenty of success at the Chicagoland facility in the recent past. Demke's reign at Route 66 continued last weekend when he won his third consecutive NHRA Route 66 Nationals Top Alcohol Dragster title.

The weekend started out with a very strong qualifying effort. Demke was qualified No. 3 with a 5.300 elapsed time after the first two sessions, which also put him in the two spot for JEGS Allstars eliminations. Demke drove the Peen Rite/Boost Performance Products dragster to a 5.289 blast in the first round of Allstars competition, but fellow West Region qualifier Joey Severance used a .013 reaction time and 5.324 et to take the holeshot win.

“Joey was struggling in qualifying but he was driving the Norm Grimes car and we know they can step up at any moment. He beat me by four thousandths of a second. It really bummed me out because I go to Chicago for the JEGS Allstars race. That's racing for you. Plus, it always sucks when you have to race your region teammate in the first round.

“We packed up for the night and set our focus on eliminations for the Route 66 Nationals. While I was stomping around mad at myself on Sunday, our tuner, Adam Rhoades, told me, 'Hey, that was yesterday, let's put it behind you. Today is a new day,' That was great advice,” Demke noted.

The enthusiastic veteran driver took the advice to heart and marched on through the Route 66 Nationals field, leaving the starting line first in all but the first round, in which opponent Tripp Tatum left first by just one thousandth. The Maddern Racing blown alcohol dragster took down two powerhouse A/Fuel drivers, Chase Copeland and Randy Meyer, in the next two rounds, lining up a final round match-up with Mia Tedesco.

“We certainly wanted to get some revenge after Mia took me out in the Chicago regional make-up race final round at Norwalk last weekend. We hopped it up a little bit because Mia's Dave Hirata-led group is tough. They're definitely a player in the championship chase and I didn't want to let her beat me again,” Demke lamented.

Demke and the Peen Rite team proved how motivated they were in the final round, ripping off a 5.321/270 mph to defeat Tedesco's 5.372.

Tune in to watch Chris Demke and the Peen Rite/Boost Performance Products team score their third consecutive NHRA Route 66 Nationals trophy when ESPN2 airs their coverage of eliminations. The broadcast, which will also include JEGS Allstars eliminations, is set to air at 2 PM ET on Sunday, July 19th.

Maddern Racing is a family-owned and operated NHRA Top Alcohol Dragster team based in Southern California. The team's Chris Demke-driven Peen Rite/Boost Performance Products blown alcohol dragster is owned by Jerry Maddern and crewed by Adam Rhoades, Kevin Watson, Mike Demke, Greg Rice, and Robert Hadaller. For more information on Chris Demke and Maddern Racing, please visit www.MaddernRacing.com.

Maddern Racing receives support from the following companies: Peen Rite Inc., Boost Performance Products, B-G Detection, Afco, LA X-Ray, Hoosier Racing Tires, and Morningwood Energy Drink.