Data Logger Recommendation

Discussion in 'PSI Superchargers Tech Questions' started by Relentless, Apr 24, 2009.

1. Relentless

Relentless www.bretitanium.com

We are now starting to tune the wick up a little and I am keen to know whats going on it the motor a little more.

So we want to buy a data logger, all I really want for now is EGT's, input shaft RPM, Driveshaft RPM, oil pressure, fuel pressure, blower boost.

Whats out there at reasonable cost and more importantly, what works well?

Thanks

Last edited: Apr 24, 2009
  2. Judd Racing

Judd Racing New Member

data logger

I bought an Autometer and while I have been happy with the unit, I haven't been happy with the service. If I had it to do over again, I'd go with RPM Perf Products, 405-495-0454. They designed the Autometer units.

3. Relentless

Did you have problems with it? I have heard good things about RPM so might have a price up on one of their systems.

4. Mike Canter

Mike Canter Top Dragster
    Staff Member

Relentless you really should have fuel pressure added into your list also.

5. Relentless

Edit, i forgot to write it. :)

6. SoDak

SoDak Active Member

Computech, Altronics, Innovate Motorsports and EGT all make smaller, less channels and less cost systems.

7. a/fd slngsht

a/fd slngsht Member

8. Judd Racing

Judd Racing New Member

Autometer

The Autometer has worked fine. I bought it used and needed to add some items. I called Autometer and ordered stuff, never received it only to call back and find that they had lost my order. I also had a time getting anyone to call me back on several occasions.

9. secondwindracing

secondwindracing top alcohol

RUN FROM ALTRONICS<<<<< I have an auto meter and like it but I will agree that tec. is poor if to do over rpm would be my pick..Dave
    www.myspace.com/daveloweswr

10. cpgeneration

cpgeneration New Member

data logger

Contact Randy at RPM you will not be sorry, great support...:)

11. Bottlefed

Bottlefed New to Blowers

Yeah being able to get support when you need it most, like at the track on a weekend is worth plenty!! The pro blower system is hard to beat as a package, but if you are not ready to spend that much yet there stuff is easy to upgrade later.

PRO BLOWER SYSTEM $2269.40 Complete with PRO Software

This system is tailored for Dragster, Funny Car and Promod with blown fuel or alcohol.

The Pro Blower system includes all sensors, cables, hardware and software to tune your fuel system and clutch as well as provide detailed information about track conditions in order to allow you to adjust your tuneup accordingly.

Boost pressure and fuel pressure readings provide detailed information about your tune up as well give you advance warning about the need for maintenance. By comparing
    pressure readings at specific Engine RPMs from pass to pass, it is easy to see when the pump or blower performance has decreased from optimal.

The EGT readings provide the information necessary to fine-tune your injectors so that you get the maximum power from each cylinder. They also quickly identify fuel system malfunctions as well as ignition deficiencies.

The Accelerometer clearly identifies the instantaneous acceleration at every point in the run. This allows you to fine tune your combination to put the most power to the ground that track conditions will allow.

(Optional Fuel Flowmeter available.)

12. Fooler

Fooler New Member

RPM Data Logger

You can not go wrong with RPM-Performance. Randy is a great guy, easy to work with and the service support is first class.

13. willy200

willy200 Member

RPM perf data loggar

Yes i brought a RPM Loggar, excellent guy randy is to deal with, Are ready to mount it to a TA / Funny car shorty.
    Has anyone else out there got any advice on how you have mounted one into a funny car, have you mounted it in a box, on a board, anyone got some photos. would be appreciated.

14. H BROWN

H BROWN blown alky

randy at RPM times 1000. you the customer is his number 1 concern. answers phone damn near 24hr day himself:D

15. 32 bantam

32 bantam Member

Randy at RPM......can't say enough about the service and PATIENCE with me.......
    Steve

16. isracing

isracing New Member

Wow have not heard one recomendation for RacePak yet... any reason why nobody here runs one?

17. Eric N/FC

Eric N/FC Member

Exactly! About to buy a logger too, and NO ONE here recomended RACEPAK...
    Interesting...:D

18. rumblefish

rumblefish New Member

19. Nathan Sitko - 625 TAD/TAFC

I have a hard time thinking they can tell us all we can't use our current data loggers and we all have to buy a racepak. There would be a lot of upset manufacturers & racers.

If it does the job and doesn't influence any function of the car who the hell cares what data logger is used?!

20. Dave Koehler

Dave Koehler Member

Kind of funny reading that list. There are a couple of logger mfgs that apperently haven't paid their vig.

Last time I looked TAD and TAFC were sportsman classes. I guess they are pros when racepak/msd is paying the toll?

Dave Koehler
    http:www.koehlerinjection.com