Comments from a concerned, spectating, Alcohol F/C driver

Discussion in 'Pit Buzz' started by FunnyDriver, May 20, 2003.

1. FunnyDriver

FunnyDriver Jr. Dragster

I was shocked to see a round of Comp paraded onto the track before round 1 of the Alcohol cars Saturday night. :mad: The teams were brought to the lanes hours before, ready to go. Pro-Mod was the "Real" reason the afternoon took so long. Rocca's car in the sand & net was the one big holdup on top of a bunch of little ones. Later on during an oildown in round 1, the track announcer so much as blamed the entire day's setbacks on the alcohol cars.

Did anyone notice that the big-screen got put away Saturday right after Pro Mod finished? What BS. [​IMG]

And Sunday was a warm display of respect to the Alcohol cars. The Dragsters began round 2 just before 3 PM. Pro Mod had already ran 2 rounds by then. What was that all about?

Is this the way the Alcohol Cars have been treated at all national events lately? What happened to running behind the pro's? Seems convincing that Pro-Mod has advanced in the pecking order past the Alcohol Cars. :confused:

I'm all for diversified competition and I think Pro Mod brings excitment to the NHRA but Alcohol should not be brushed aside like this.

[ May 20, 2003, 06:45 PM: Message edited by: FunnyDriver ]

2. David Smith

David Smith Member

second round for alky cars did not start until around 3:30pm Sunday . In the Alky pits it was said that the alky cars had to wait until after pro semis as it was a punishment for all the oil downs during saturday evenings First round. The promods were not much better Saturday evening..

David

3. kosky racing

kosky racing Comp Eliminator

it was definately done for spite i was standing on the starting line and heard the comment giving over the radio by G.L. (F) these alcohol cars

4. R4K

R4K New Member

OK T.A.R.A.

5. R4K

R4K New Member

sorry- pushed wrong button- Is Graham Light pushing TARA's wrong button? I hope so.

6. T.Howell

T.Howell Member

1st round Saturday: called to the lanes at 3:30, our time slip says we ran at 7:26. Then they blame the class for the oil downs.
    Temperature in the 50s, 60 weight in the crankcase, then a four hour wait after warming them up. What were they thinking?????????

7. T.Smith

T.Smith Top Dragster

Sounds like nothing new to me.