Columbus/fans meeting racers

Discussion in 'Pit Buzz' started by wolfgang, Jun 7, 2003.

1. wolfgang

wolfgang New Member

I'm excited to make my first trip to Columbus next weekend. I've been to Indy and Joliet, but how does the facility at Columbus compare to those 2?
    Is the parking relatively close to the stands (like Joliet) or is it a long walk?

One other question- do the tad/tafc teams like it when fans say "Hi"? For example, I've never met Marty Thacker but would have to say he is probably my favorite driver in the tad class (I respect what he has accomplished last year and this). Are the top alcohol drivers (Thacker, Reichert, Cheeseman, etc) pretty approachable (as long as it's not between rounds where they're thrashing to get major repairs done)?

thanks
    Wolfgang

2. David Smith

David Smith Member

Wolfgang since finding the message boards I have met alot of the Top Alcohol Racers and have become good friends with many of the drivers, and crew members. I do my best to support all the teams it just sucks when the drivers I do know have to race eachother though! but seriously I do not think theres a team in the Alky pits that would not mind a fan of the class stopping by to say Hi they are all great people.

I'll be in COlumbis myself this up comming weekend hope to see you there.

David Smith

3. 310TAD

310TAD Top Alcohol

Wolfgang,
    Stop by the trailer at Columbus, or anywhere, and say hi. Always glad to meet new friends.
    Marty

4. Will Hanna

Will Hanna We put the 'inside' in Top Alcohol
    Staff Member

wolf,

stop by tim rudy's pit this weekend. we'll be more than happy to give you the tour. that's where i'll be.