Chassis bite

Discussion in 'PSI Superchargers Tech Questions' started by jay70cuda, Aug 28, 2017.

1. jay70cuda

jay70cuda Well-Known Member

ok I tried a few things this past weekend and dam near wadded my car up. Blown clutch 2700hp Hemi double frame rail real deal promod car. I've never gotten explanation of 4 link instant centers or "bite" in a car. Can someone break it down for me
    Pinion angle and why?
    Shock drop or rebound?
    Ride height relations
    4 link spread
    Anything helps thanks guys

2. turbo69camaro

turbo69camaro Member

Pinion down 1 degree theoretically it will be straight inline on the run .What kind of shocks do you have ?Are you data logging them ? in high HP bottom 4 link bar level or slighty up hill ....down hill bar slams the tire in to the ground harder top bar on housing lowest hole helps soften the hit .How tight the front struts on extension is effects the launch .What issues are you having

3. jay70cuda

jay70cuda Well-Known Member

The car won't 60ft well.
    .995-1.00,2.60.3.88@195.
    34.5 tire , 4.56 gear kinetic struts , prs Penske rears. Any time I try and get after it or above 3g's on the launch it won't have any part of it. I knocked 7 point shots of ratio out of it to soften up the launch rpm and wasn't having any part of it.

4. turbo69camaro

turbo69camaro Member

Chris bell would be a big help on the shocks How good was the track what does your low gear timing curve look like

5. Comax Racing

Comax Racing Member

The only way to truly set up a 4-link is to weight the car and find out your center of gravity. It has to be the true center on 2 planes not just one.

The reason for this is the instant center has to be placed in the correct spot using the CG as a reference. Behind and below the CG and the car will tend to lift in the rear (plant the tires), (anti squat). Below and forward of the center and the car will tend to lift the front wheels. An instant center directly on your CG and the car will tend to float and may have a tendency to porpoise.

I recommend getting a good 4-link software and a set of scales, the rest is just guessing IMHO

Corey