Chase Copeland Selected to Drive Randy Meyer Racing's Second Car

Discussion in 'Alcohol Racing News' started by News Editor, Jan 29, 2014.

1. News Editor

News Editor Administrator

Chase Copeland Selected to Drive Randy Meyer Racing's Second Car

January 29th, 2014 – Texas resident, Chase Copeland, has been selected to drive the Randy Meyer Racing Team’s second Top Alcohol Dragster at select NHRA and Lucas Oil Drag Racing Series (LODRS) event races for the 2014 season. Chase, who is new to the Kansas-based team, was accepted by owner Randy Meyer, for his previous driving experience and proven winning record in Top Alcohol Dragster.

Fielding two A/Fuel Dragsters is not new for Randy Meyer; he believes adding a second Top Alcohol Dragster, and fourth race car to team, will help guide him in the future when his daughters, Megan and Rachel Meyer, step up from the Super Comp ranks, to Top Alcohol Dragster.

“After talking to several potential drivers, I felt Chase had the best credentials to drive my second car. His driving record speaks for itself; he is a well experienced and diverse driver, and he has the ability to win races with an A/Fuel car, and skills to help the crew,” Randy said. “We welcome him to the Randy Meyer Racing Team, and we are excited to see what 2014 holds for us.”

Chase got his start with drag racing at the age of 12 in the Junior Dragster field. He then moved on to compete in Drag Boats and in the NHRA Pro Mod class until 2009 when legendary Gene Snow asked him to pilot his Top Alcohol Dragster. Chase, who drove for Snow until 2012, won his first LODRS divisional and two NHRA national events, as well as multiple runner-up finishes. He also earned the 2010 Division 4 Points Championship, and held a consecutive top 10 points finish in the NHRA national points championship from 2010-2012.

"I am honored to be considered by Randy Meyer Racing to drive the second car for their team,” said Chase. “I haven't been in the seat in a year, and I am excited to get back behind the wheel. I think 2014 is going to be a great year and can’t wait to get back to the track!”

With Chase as the pilot, Clay Copeland, Chase’s father and knowledgeable racer, will also join the Randy Meyer Racing Team to be the crew chief and team leader for the second dragster. Chase and Clay plan on bringing several sponsors to NHRA drag racing.

For more information about the team, visit www.randymeyerracing.com
    Follow us on Facebook! www.facebook.com/RandyMeyerRacing