can any body confirm dick wallace POSSIBLE SCAM

Discussion in 'PSI Superchargers Tech Questions' started by blownapex, Dec 2, 2018.

1. blownapex

blownapex Member

ok so i was going to send money for a acd new auto shifter
    but i cant varify this guy (POSTS/RACING/GOOGLE)
    he wont sent picture of shifter
    he wants me to go to walmart and send money through wallmart
    or western union
    and used the words best regards
    everything e mail and text NO POST ON ITA
    (sorry if im wrong but)
    im a dumb ass but not a stupid ass

BE CAREFULL BUYING THINGS GUYS

dick wallace
    105 n river rd
    fox lake il 60020
    224-427-3139

2. Mike Canter

Mike Canter Top Dragster
    Staff Member

I don’t think you are wrong. Those type guys also do it on items for sale on Other sites and they don’t use any of our racing type words. With Western Union or Walmart you can go into any food store that deals in Western Union or Walmart and collect the money. I did a reverse lookup on the phone number and it says it is a mobile number out of Barrington IL.

3. rb0804

rb0804 Active Member

I plugged the address into google maps and it comes up as Antioch Illinois, not fox lake. Fox lake is about 20 min. South of what the address says.

4. Dave Koehler

Dave Koehler Member

No question about the "possible".
    If you ignore it I bet he contacts you with more outrageous ideas and strange language.

5. blownapex

blownapex Member

i dont like posting stuff like this but i thought i would give a heads up on the scams that might be happening
    he texted me to the phone number i posted on here
    I BOUGHT A NEW ONE THANKS

Last edited: Dec 4, 2018
  6. dragster156

dragster156 Member

I sent you a message and sent a pic to your phone. I have a brand new one never out of the box.

7. hines

hines Member

All if it does not feel right don't do it. Post my blower for sale. Got a response in 30 mins. Guys says he will send money plus $ 2000 extra to give to shipper. Thought guy may be out of the country so ok. Guy texts from a Florida number then a Texas number. Next got an overnight from Utah with a check from a company in Mass. Called company and they said someone had their account number and is writing checks. No watermarks on check!!!

Be careful!!!!

8. lucky devil

lucky devil Member

We have stuff like this happening over in England and the rest of Europe too sometimes The concerning thing is that it makes us all very wary , I know I have tried buying stuff sometimes only to be told "we dont deal with overseas" or to be told its already sold , then the difficult thing is explaining to the Bank why I want to send $$$$ to someone on the other side of the world.

9. ROBERT TURNER

ROBERT TURNER New Member

Hi There
    I am worried now because that's how I sign of Best Regards or Kind Regards I did not think that was a funny language . Uncle Bob Meyer will check me out on this one because I know he speaks the queens English he has told me several times. Seriously though it is a big problem for us genuine foreign racers wanting to deal with you guys but assure you there are some UK racers wanting to deal . Hi there Lucky Devil.
    Rob Turner .

10. Mike Canter

Mike Canter Top Dragster
    Staff Member

Well I use Regards and Best Regards but listening to you guys it is because I am British also. Just thought that was me. Seriously it is not just Best Regards it is the language of the whole text. We racing guys speak using our own terms and you can tell right away these guys are not part of our group. When you are selling a race car part on the web and a guy wants to buy it but doesn’t ask a question about the condition then you get suspicious. Had one guy offered me $2000 for a $500 item if I would cash the check and send him $1500 back. For the fun of it I had him send the check and it was written on a food store check. I called the food store and they told me it wasn’t even the correct color check and asked me to send them the check so they could go after the guy. This is common if you list stuff for sale on the internet. The best way to transfer money is via PayPal because you see it arrive and can move it right into your bank. Also wiring the money to your bank is good. You give nothing away by giving somebody the bank routing number and your account number. It is written at the bottom of everyone of your checks anyhow. US Postal Money Orders seem to be safe also. There is a code in the money order serial number and the post office can tell you if it is valid. Also nobody wants to screw with the Post Office because it is a Federal Offense.

Sandracer695 likes this.
  11. rb0804

rb0804 Active Member

I had a weird dealing with fradulant Postal money orders once. I got a call from Fed-ex about my account. I don’t have an account, and none of my money was missing from any of bank accounts or credit cards so I wrote it off as maybe someone fat fingered the keyboard when they entered the phone number for their account. Anyways a few days go by and I get a fed-ex package that was returned to sender, undeliverable, had my name and address as the sender, but I had never seen the package before. I opened the package and here were several money orders. I google the address and go to street view. Looks like an abandoned building. So I started to add things up; some one had to be shipping fraudulent usps money orders to misc. people via hacked or stolen or made up shipping accounts. Just by luck the delivery driver didn’t deliver that day or leave it on the step as I’m sure he had a bad feeling about the package/address. The moral of the story is don’t take a USPS money order in good faith thinking that they are exempt from the somenof the foolery described above. There are some really stupid people out there and it seems to only be getting worse.

12. Mike Canter

Mike Canter Top Dragster
    Staff Member

But like I said, you take take the Postal Money Order to the post office and real fast they can tell you if it is valid or not

13. nitrowannabe

nitrowannabe Member

You know its supposed to be "cheers mate." Bunch of wankers.

14. lucky devil

lucky devil Member

Hi Rob :)

15. lucky devil

lucky devil Member

Hi Mike , I recently tried to PayPal funds to the U.S ...... boy did they give me a hard time !!!! The PayPal Gestapo spent Overtime making it hard work because it was over $1,000

16. Mike Canter

Mike Canter Top Dragster
    Staff Member

Interesting. I used to have Adam send me funds from Sweden and fund the easiest method being bank wire transfers

17. promodracer

promodracer Member

Run! Buy from guys everyone here knows, Camp, Will, Canter...