bruno/lenco air psi

Discussion in 'PSI Superchargers Tech Questions' started by MIKE REYNOLDS, Aug 31, 2009.

1. MIKE REYNOLDS

MIKE REYNOLDS New Member

dose any body know whaut the psi should be on a bruno lenco set up 3 speed cant seem to get seem to get a answer any where thanks

2. Flyboy68

Flyboy68 Member

Which pressure? Bruno brake or lenco shift forks?

Josh

3. MIKE REYNOLDS

MIKE REYNOLDS New Member

both i have the big pods on the lenco

4. 23T Hemmee

23T Hemmee Member

Mike,
    Air pressure on the brake piston is minimum #200, fluid pressure at the guage #150 at idle, adjust up for harder hit but no less than #150. On the Lenco air pods, its 150-160# if its a CS1, but I've recently heard the CS2 needs #250. I've been running around 210# and feeding both the Bruno and Lenco pods off the same bottle but had some issues with the Lenco shifting soft the last several passes this last weekend so I kind of hesitate giving advice there. The Bruno numbers I'm sure of though.

5. MIKE REYNOLDS

MIKE REYNOLDS New Member

thanks for the info just got off the phone with lenco they said the cs2 needs a min of 250 max 300 ! i was using the reg that lenco sent me found out that it set at 250 i was using it for both i gusses thats why my brake kept loosing air the only cure i guses is to run 2 regs off 1 botel or run to bottles. knot shore whauts beter . my other qustion now is whaut about the fuel mangment and the chutes can they take that much psi?

6. 23T Hemmee

23T Hemmee Member

How are you adjusting the second solenoid, the one for the pushrod/teflon cone? Bruno told me to back the lock nut off, with the air off, apply 12v to the soleniod and screw in until it just makes contact, use the lock nut as a reference, then turn in one additional flat and lock. The reason, he explained is the solenoid is the strongest when it is fully extended travel-wise, so you don't want to screw it in any farther than you have to, for the cone to seal on the seat. Over time though, the teflon cone will get a ridge in it so you have to re-adjust. I don't know but 250# might be on the edge of what that solenoid can overcome but Bruno Sr. and Jr. have both been really helpful even though I bought a used unit on here. It would be worth a call to find out if 250# is too much. They talk kind of fast though, (well Jr. does anyway) so you have to listen closely.......... :D

7. moparchris440

moparchris440 Member

seems my bruno is working well

8. 23T Hemmee

23T Hemmee Member

You mean the one you said was one season old, yet had a 4 year old tag on it?? Yep, after a thorough cleaning and rebuild with two new solenoids, it's working fine.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2009