Brandon Lewis- Div 4 LODRS Houston Preview

Discussion in 'Alcohol Racing News' started by PROCOMP1, Jul 24, 2009.

1. PROCOMP1

PROCOMP1 New Member

Lewis looking forward to Houston
    [​IMG]
    Photo courtesy Scott Singleton, SS Racing Photography

BAYTOWN, Texas – NHRA Top Alcohol Dragster driver Brandon Lewis may not be an aficionado of “blues” style music, but he can tell you quite a bit about a little ‘diddy’ known in the drag racing world as the “New Car Blues.” After struggling for much of the first half of the season after debuting a new car, the TigerFlow Systems/Lewis Family Racing team has started to hit their stride and enter this weekend’s Division 4 Lucas Oil Drag Racing Series event at Houston Raceway Park on the heels of strong showings in Chicago and Great Bend, Kan.

Lewis, 24, of Broken Arrow, Okla., cites the new Joe Monden chassis was never the problem; it was just a matter of finding what it wanted. Monden, who also serves as Crew Chief on the car, kept making changes to their injected-nitro combination until the car responded favorably at the national event in Chicago, where the team ran a string of low 5.30’s en route to a runner-up finish. They also made a semifinal showing at the recent Division 5 event in Great Bend, Kan., which featured high altitude and heat, two factors known for troubling A/Fuel Dragsters.

“Joe just kept at it and changing things until the car finally responded in Chicago,” said Lewis. “We made a big change, and hit it just right at that race. We’ve tried a few things since then, some have worked, others didn’t, but the main thing is we have a solid baseline for this car. It was a tough first half of the year for us, but we all dug down and fought through it. I think we’re a better team for it, and we’re really looking forward to the second half of the year.”

While the team fought heat and altitude at their last outing in Kan., altitude won’t be one of their problems as they enter Houston, which is near sea-level.

“Even when it’s hot, you still usually have pretty good air in Houston,” stated Lewis. “We ran some low 5.50’s up in Kansas at over 5000 ft corrected altitude, so hopefully we should be able to step up quite a bit this weekend. We really want to make a strong showing for TigerFlow Systems, Morrison Construction, Lucas Oil, Unifirst, Ringers Gloves and A-1 Auto Body.”

Qualifying begins on Friday for the alcohol cars with two sessions, followed by one final session Saturday afternoon. Final eliminations will conclude the event Saturday evening.

TIGERFLOW Systems, Inc., was founded to provide aggressive solutions to difficult problems facing the construction industry. TIGERFLOW will seek solutions through design expertise, technical know-how and sales support to meet the needs of the next generation of commercial building. Today, TIGERFLOW has an international depth with major commercial, military, process, fire protection, municipal and industrial site installations world-wide.

For more information on Brandon "the Kid" Lewis, log on the team's site at http://www.brandonthekid.com

Courtesy of Will Hanna

2. krachtmotorsports

krachtmotorsports New Member

brandon lewis

I met "the kid" in April at the LODRS in Great Bend and I was immediately taken back by the poise this young man had when I approached him for an interview. He handled me like he'd been racing for 30 plus years. I foresee Brandon in a top fuel car one day in the near future not only because of his driving skill but his maturity. He put the Tigerflow car on the pole and I did an extensive story on him for the Great Bend Tribune also. www.gbtribune.com I have since moved on from there but I watch with avid interest the progression of the Lewis family racing Tigerflow car. Brandon will definetly stay on my favorite driver list for life and there are'nt many first class race teams who operate on the same level. Dave Lewis treated my daughter and I like family and the car was an easy choice to place on the cover of our race programs for the finals that ran on June 27th. I think it's time to stop calling him the kid cause Brandon you are the "MAN". Good Luck on the rest of your year and I cant wait to see you in Brainerd!
    sincerely, Joel Tysver PR representative
    Kracht Motorsports