Body coating

Discussion in 'PSI Superchargers Tech Questions' started by Witchdoctor, May 30, 2005.

1. Witchdoctor

Witchdoctor Member

I was told to use water base house paint on the underside of the carbon body to help stop it from burning. I know wizzards sells the actuall body coat stuff but is there any truth to the house paint?

2. flash

flash top alcohol

the coating that wizard sells,as well as other companys sell is a special fire retardent type material.it sells by the gallon and comes with a serial # sticker that you put on the back of the body to verify it's authenticity as to what it really is,as per nhra rules,probably ihra as well.

3. Nathan Sitko - 625 TAD/TAFC

Yes, I just actually finished painting my body with the fire retardant stuff. It's called "Burnout". Ordered from Wizard's, actually comes from a company called Tech Line Coatings, Inc. in Texas. The send you a sticker for your body, as well as a registration card with a sample of the paint on it. They also ask for your car # to put on the registration card.

We did our entire body with one gallon and pretty much used it all up- and thank god because it does not come cheap!

[ May 30, 2005, 09:39 PM: Message edited by: Nathan Sitko - 625 TAD/TAFC ]