Blower dyno testing.....

Discussion in 'PSI Superchargers Tech Questions' started by ZERO260IN1, Dec 20, 2009.

1. ZERO260IN1

ZERO260IN1 Member

2. ITS IN MY BLOOD

the numbers in the 3,000 range are CFM
    the largest #`s are the Rpm`s the blower is spinning
    and the smaller two digit #`s is the boost it produced,..

3. LeWhite

LeWhite BB/Alt

What do the column and rows mean

4. Micetich

Micetich Member

I read it as : 3 blower being compared. 1st column is rotor rpm/ psi @ 3450 cfm, 2nd column is rotor rpm/ psi @ 3525 cfm, 3rd column rotor rpm/psi @ 3600 cfm. Last two columns are cfm/psi at 12,000 and 11,800 rpm. Don't know why these numbers are picked as standards but I'm sure they have a good reason.

5. craig moss

craig moss Member

I think they are comparing an old LF design ,the newer LF LB 20and the DMPE M-4 blower

6. ZERO260IN1

ZERO260IN1 Member

LAFF..

Well, stuff like this drives me nuts. If thats the case I think they meant to say it like this. :confused:

[​IMG]

7. ZERO260IN1

ZERO260IN1 Member

And if your taking the time to dyno, why not log inlet temps? That would only take a few extra minutes to set up. You have boost and rpm.. if a guy had temps you could draw some conclusions. WIthout temps this info is useless no?

8. ZERO260IN1

ZERO260IN1 Member

You know what.....I think Im wasting everyones time. When I take another look at the 12,000 and 11800 numbers, which i thought were simply rotor rpm and cfm for a bench mark, the cfm stats dont make sense with the original stats. ie.. the m4blower makes more cfm at 12,000rpm then at 14,945 . :confused:

I'll stick to drinking my cold beer, and just try to ignore shit I dont get.

merry christmas!!!

Last edited: Dec 21, 2009
  9. Micetich

Micetich Member

Probably have to give Littlefield a call. Too many unknowns. Is Force using the same setup as his fuel blowers? If temp is not figured in to the outlet then the cfm would have to be measured at the inlet. Are they using different restrictions for every engine or just compared at a standard area. What hat is on the blower? There is no way these are real world numbers but just a way to compare different blowers. If the big numbers are rotor speeds, does anyone else think that it is very high. Most probably are never in that high of overdrive.

10. LeWhite

LeWhite BB/Alt

Called LF already... They don't know....Guess the answer is on the head of a toothpick

11. ZERO260IN1

ZERO260IN1 Member

:D

Yrs ago, when I was in the market for upgrading my 14, talking with Mert.. I said I have to step it up to keep up with my buddies running the turbo's. I said they were making "x" amount of hp and on low octane, and I need to step it up!! in a nutshell he laughed at me, and said the "claims" were all exaggerated and total bs. Treated me like I didnt know "SHIT" :cool:

Now in 2009, I would think hes singing a different tune. :p

12. Bottlefed

Bottlefed New to Blowers

While I think that blower dynos are great as an in house tool for blower development. The large number of variables, that have to be addressed to get a real apples to apples comparison, would probably mean that it would just be too easy to sway the results however you wanted, to make a brand comparison by a manufacturer about as valid as CFM numbers on heads.

13. Iron Mike

Iron Mike New Member

So LF don't even know or understand what they have on their own web page???

14. Big Sexy

Big Sexy Member

I spoke to the "Toothpick" yesterday. He said, something to the effect, boost is subjective. Charts are subjective. Comparisons need a baseline.

I got lost, but it is always fun talking to him.