Blocks/Heads

Discussion in 'Pit Buzz' started by BlownFED, Aug 3, 2003.

1. BlownFED

BlownFED New Member

I've been reading this forum for a while and found it pretty interesting. Would like to build a blown alky FED. Was wondering if anyone has any experience/opinions of the Indy Maxx Hemi block & heads?

2. tjenna

tjenna Top Alcohol

Neil & Parks, I believe ran a FED in alcohol for a little bit.

Could be wrong on the name, but it was a yellow car.

3. Max Power

Max Power New Member

The Neil and Parks yellow car was the turbo V6 rear engine car. The Front engine car was mostly Blue and they called it the "Funster".

4. BlownFED

BlownFED New Member

Have you guys or anyone else out there heard anything re the Indy Cylinder Heads Indy Maxx solid block & heads?

5. Will Hanna

Will Hanna We put the 'inside' in Top Alcohol
    Staff Member

the last person i ever heard of running the indy hemi heads on a blown car was chip king in pro mod. chip now runs a bae fathead combo since billet hemi heads are now legal.

as far as tad/tafc goes, i dont know of anyone that has. everyone is pretty much bae,veney-bnr, or total flow. if i was building a blown hemi, i would go with one of those. also for your application it should be easier to find a set of used heads, intake, etc.

6. Bumpy55

Bumpy55 Member

Danny Townsend ran some Indy heads back around
    94 or 95. He was working with Russ on the development of them back then I beleive.

7. BlownFED

BlownFED New Member

These heads are unique in that the rocker stands are cast or in the case of the billet versions, machined into the heads. Supposed advantages are a reduction in valvetrain flex. Is this a real advantage or just marketing hype?

Also, regarding the block, any ideas/opinions how it compares to the KB stuff. I noticed it uses cross bolts on all 5 main caps, priority main oiling. Has anyone seen this block? How does the casting quality look?

8. Will Hanna

Will Hanna We put the 'inside' in Top Alcohol
    Staff Member

i dont know for sure, but if it had real advantages, more people would run it in tad/tafc