Beware of Mark Kinser Racing Engines

Discussion in 'Pit Buzz' started by Richard Putz, Aug 20, 2008.

1. Richard Putz

Richard Putz Top Alcohol Dragster

I would advise anyone who does business with Mark Kinser of Kinser Racing Engines in Grimes Iowa to take caution! He did work on my BAE aluminum block and totally messed it up. We agreed on a price that he would buy the block from me to take care of the problem. He paid me 1/2 of the amount roughly in february and was to pay me the rest in march but has not to this day. He does not answer my calls or return my messages thus I am forced to take him to court. I know several other people who have had problems with him and his work. This was the 1st time I had anything done there and it is one of the biggest regrets I have ever had. I don't believe you are much of a man when you handle business in this maner. I believe there is somthing going on there and if I had a friend with a motor sitting in his shop I would advise them to get it out of there as soon as possible (this is just my personal opinion) if you can catch him there. Top Alcohol Dragster Racer Richard Putz.

2. Pat McGill

Pat McGill Member

Is this the same Mark Kinser that used to race TAD?

3. Darren Smith

Darren Smith New Member

Any relation to the Sprint car guys???:rolleyes:

4. BrianD

BrianD Member

No relation to the Kinsers out of Indiana

5. Co-Line

Co-Line Member

I have used Mark's services numerous times throughout all our years of racing. Even though we are in the welding business and have full machining capabilities - we utilize his services for repair. The repair work has been nothing but top notch and I have been amazed by some of the things he has been able to repair - his welding ability is excellent and he has gone out of his way to make sure our stuff is done when we need it.

I do not know the circumstances that led to this original post - nor do I want to - but I would continue to recommend Mark Kinser for block repairs.

PS - Yes -this is the same Mark Kinser that run NHRA alcohol dragster for many years. He has moved on to boat racing now...

Eric Brand
    Co-Line

6. Doug Lively

Doug Lively New Member

Do not believe it

I have also used Marks services for many years. He has always treated me very fair and done things that amaze me. Nothing he has ever done for me was anything but the best quality. I was at his shop on Tuesday and do not find him dificult to contact at all. Sounds like you need to visit him there. I will continue to use his services and will give him my highest recomendation.

Doug Lively
    Tractor puller

7. jim phillips

jim phillips ta/fc

is this the right place to be airing your problems with someone are some place and its only one side it just dont seam right but if your asked then you have the right to your opion i personally hate to see the bad mouthing of any one

but i hate to hear of some one having problems getting some thing done as high as stuff cost these days

8. codered2wd

codered2wd New Member

I have been using and working with Mark Kinser for years. Will continue to use his services when needed.
    Sometimes Mark tries to fix something instead of telling you to stick a fork in it, it is done, he wants to help you save your stuff if he can, sometimes it doesn't work.

9. Flyingpig

Flyingpig Member

When you run a business, youre going to have a problem customer at some point. I get along fine with some people who are known to do some shady deals. I have good friends running tracks that other cuss up and down. Some are out to give you a good f ing. It could be as simple as a misunderstanding but not answering calls isnt a good sign. Hope you get it resolved.

10. secondwindracing

secondwindracing top alcohol

Just my 2 cents..I have to come to batt for Richard Putz's..I have done some work for Richard and I think he is a very upstanding person..very honest and just a darn cool guy...as far as this guy they are talking about don't know him nor any thing about his work...might add the Brands became very good friends of mine..so this is a rock and the old HARD spot:D...I do hope things will work out for Richard..take care Dave Lowe
    www.myspace.com/daveloweswr

11. G FORCE JUNKIE

G FORCE JUNKIE New Member

Any of you who know Richard already have an opinion on this situation!! Honest to a fault!! Not saying he could walk on water but could probably make it a few feet more than most of us!! Granted when this stuff gets blown up it can get pretty bad and normally Richard uses BAE or Bill Reichert for his repairs but extenuating circumstance found the block with Kinser. First off Kinser had to of known the block was not correct when it was returned, he’s supposed to be a machinist and a carpenter could have seen the problems and he never said it might have issues!! Seconded, it’s not really about good repair bad repair, its simply that the block was returned worse than when he received it and he agreed to pay a price both thought fair for the block, this is the real issue, he agreed to terms and has not met them. So as a businessman (emphasis on the last three letters) he should simply do what he agreed to do, nothing more nothing less and it shouldn’t take a judge to get it done.
    Kent goss