Bellemeur Motorsports Announcement

Discussion in 'Alcohol Racing News' started by Russ Parker, Apr 3, 2007.

1. Russ Parker

Russ Parker Member

Bellemeur Motorsports welcomes Parker to team

Sunland, CA - Bellemeur Motorsports will kick off its 2007 divisional season at the NHRA Pacific Division race held at The Strip in Las Vegas, April 20-22. Owners Gregg and Nancy Bellemeur welcome Russ Parker behind the wheel of their top alcohol funny car, as their son and second-generation driver, Sean Bellemeur now drives the Meer Homes Inc. car.

Though it was tough to see him go, the Bellemeurs are proud of Sean's fast start this season as he already has a win and 2 runners-up with his new ride. Gregg is looking forward to the challenge of improving on last year's tune-up, which yielded a best ET of 5.69 in the ultra-competitive Division 7 top alcohol funny car field. The crew will again consist of Greg Wangler, Ken Bryson and Don Adams.

Parker will return to the site of his last win after a lengthy absence from NHRA competition. In his last full season, Russ finished #7 in the 2000 NHRA TA/FC national point standings, which included 2 divisional wins and a runner-up at the Auto Club Finals in Pomona. "I've been away from driving, but not away from the sport," said Parker. "Last year I was a crew-member for my brother and sister-in-law, Randy and Kim Parker, on their 2-car alcohol team. The schedule we are running with Gregg and Nancy's car will allow me to continue to work with Randy and Kim again this year, which is really important to me. With the help of Centennial Battery, Good Day Fishing, Wayne Parker's Auto Electric and Road ID we are planning on making our presence felt wherever we race."

2. Beth Young

Beth Young New Member

Congratulations Russ, and to the entire Bellemeur team. As always we look forward to seeing you and possibly even working with you again at the track. Loren and I wish you all the best and pray you have a safe and winning season.
    We hope to see you in Woodburn.

Beth Young:)