Arias Chevy Hemi Oiling Question

Discussion in 'PSI Superchargers Tech Questions' started by AFC357, May 9, 2012.

1. AFC357

AFC357 New Member

We have this "new" project going together and looking for some "education" regarding the Valvetrain Oiling for these heads. I have a couple sets of the Billet heads, a set of old Blue stand rockers and a newer set of Gold stand rockers. Looking at the block and the bottom of the stands and we can't see where the shafts are getting oil from??!! HELP! Anyone w/experience with these things, would live to talk to ya or see a post. I can e-mail pics of what I have if this helps. I don't have much luck calling Miner, even though I have other items I need to purchase:confused: Thanks, Tim 616=-260-4064

2. schevy

schevy Member

oiling

If you have the arias ,fontanna style block were you have 10 head studs your center top stud it oils around the stud up threw rocker stand out the shafts.

3. NITROBANDIT1

NITROBANDIT1 LOST IN SPACE

Lube me

the oil come up from the block at the top middle head stud. the block has a small oil restrictor with a hole in it that screws into the block from the top, and that restricts the oil going into the top head stud galley that goes into the rocker stands. not sure of the exact hole size, but you can get those from miner or fontana automotive which is making these again now. also fred at arias is making new stuff now, so a few more places to shop finally. i have a nice set of dual plug valve covers for sale now at http://s918.photobucket.com/albums/...=view&current=VALVECOVERS42500DANAWARDELL.jpg for 450.00 plus shipping. powder coated purple, real nice set. dan 8585694904 or nitrobandit1@yahoo.com . good luck

Last edited: May 9, 2012
  4. AFC357

AFC357 New Member

Thanks for the help! The block is at the Machine Shop, I have a set of rockers out in my shop, will go look at it, but I "think" there was what appeared to be an oiling hole in the center stand...don'tremember seeing a matching hole in the block or gasket?? I'll let ya know what I find! Thanks again....its almost done but want to get the oiling part right, no "issues"....been there, done that:eek:

5. AFC357

AFC357 New Member

Well,Ijust looked at the stands...the older Blue stands have what "appears" to be a slottedoiling hole between the 2-center headstuds and the newer Gold stands do NOT have this hole?? Are yousaying the oil comes up "around" the head stud?? I'll be making a couple phone calls next....ANY help APPRECIATED!:cool:

6. AFC357

AFC357 New Member

Just talked to Rick @ Fontana....its "all good" Thank You to all that replied!! Ya gotta love ITA!

7. Soldierboy0098

Soldierboy0098 Active Member

Arias

Hey Uncle Tim, If it is the Chevy block with the new Arias hemi chevy heads and you still have questions Brenden Murry would probably be a good one to talk to. He ran his in Nostalgia top fuel for a while. 408.266.3324 Tell him Trev says hi.......Hey when are you just going to get that thing runnin?.......lol....payback :) I have the car nearly finished with Total flow heads, a new PSI 14-71 2" setback HH retro blower, and a bullet proof all Manton high ratio valvetrain so it should run really well. Went to a converter for my dad but I think it will still run low 5.80's maybe high 5.70's.

Just need pushrods, a bellhousing, and an autoshifter to light it up. I would have had it done by now but the guy who was supposed to pay my dad and I for 5 weeks of work skipped town, now I'm playing catch up. I figure $3,000 for safety gear, tools, and parts left.

Hope all is well,
    Trev