Anyone familiar with this TAD?

Discussion in 'Pit Buzz' started by mckinn911, Oct 14, 2013.

1. mckinn911

mckinn911 New Member

HI Everyone I recently acquired a TAD That was driven by Bill Bateson out of Independence KS. It was last NHRA certified in 2005 to 6.00 and also has A Tulsa Raceway Sticker from the same year. Long story short the owner passed away in 2011 and the car was sold by a family friend helping out the family and he knew little about the car. A friend of mine acquired it for the engine and didnt care about the details of the Rail itself and now I have the roller and was wondering if anyone recognized the car and could give me some details on it. I know it is a 240" Hardtail but it has no chassis tag that I can find. It had a Blown 540 chevy engine. I know that the driver also had a Top Alcohol Drag Boat that he raced as well. I know nothing about Dragsters at all really and was curious as to the value? Chassis builder? What the car ran in the past? I am wanting to sell it but kinda hard to do with the little info that I have. Any help at all would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!!! Shane 417-733-4021 http://s839.photobucket.com/user/mckinn911/library/Hot%20rods

2. secondwindracing

secondwindracing top alcohol

I knew bill very well he was killed from a work related accident
    I have a racer friend that could tell you any and everything about this car..Dave

3. secondwindracing

im thinking it mite have been a stidham car

4. secondwindracing

also my friend has the tranny from that car

5. secondwindracing

not a stidham car he ran funny cars only

6. mckinn911

mckinn911 New Member

Great!! Thanks for the replies! I have been trying to find info out on this for awhile. Do you happen to remember any times or was/is it a well built Dragster? The regional NHRA Guy was by our shop to certify a dooslammer car and he said it appeared to be a well built Piece but was unsure of the chassis builder. Pardon my ignorance but I know absolutley nothing about Dragsters at all. I would like to try to sell it but I dont know if it is a $5000 or $50000 dollar ride lol. Again Thanks for the replies and any more info is greatly appreciated!

7. secondwindracing

Hi Robert I don't think it is a derry Odonovan's car I think it might be a Jimmy Boulton's built car with a updated body....I would say mid to late 90's..Dave

8. mckinn911

mckinn911 New Member

[​IMG] Ok bringing this one back from a couple years ago...I still have not foud out anything aboutit but I did find the owners son and sent him a message hopefully he can get some info on it. Anyways without knowing year or chassis builder could someone give me a ballpark asking price as a roller and maybe some selling points to mention. The prices on dragsters vary so much I dont have a clue where to start. Im trying to get some links to posted right now,

9. mckinn911

mckinn911 New Member

10. Will Hanna

Will Hanna We put the 'inside' in Top Alcohol
    Staff Member

Judging from those pictures I would guess the roller is worth $5000-8000. Depending on how wide the shoulder hoop is will tell how quick it can sell. The older cars are typically 20" and lower, which most people now are looking for 21+ out of a 240" bracket car.