Alcohol question???

Discussion in 'PSI Superchargers Tech Questions' started by nitrohawk, Jul 13, 2008.

1. nitrohawk

nitrohawk New Member

Need some advice from you alcohol racers running naturaly asperiated.
    On say a 400 ci engine with 12:1 compression what size pump would you recommend and what size (8 ea.) nozzles?
    what should the gpm be at idle and for wo throttle? Any advice would be appricated.

2. WJ Birmingham

WJ Birmingham New Member

If you call Ron's Injection, I bet he could give you the best 'range' to be in.

3. mbaker3

mbaker3 New Member

Nitro,
    Even though there are a few people on here that might disagree with me on this, you should ignore the GPM at idle. Positive displacement pumps, (like the enderle 80-A) put out GPM by what RPM they run. It is a mechanical thing that cannot be altered by opinion. The size of the rotors and the RPM of the pump decides what GPM happens!

I run a blower car, (408 ci. SBC) so I can't answer the "NA" question.
    Get an opinion of what you need to start with from a "reputable" (sp?) alcohol fuel guy. There are a lot of them on this site!

When I first started this, I put in Enderle's suggestions. It got me down the track but I was leaving alcohol all over the track. After I leaned it out, this thing ran better and I didn't have to use 5 gallons of fuel to get through the 1/8th mile. :D

Experiment with your set-up. You eventually will find out what works best for you!

Sorry to drag this out, but opinions are opinions! ;)

4. alcohol altered

alcohol altered New Member

I run a na stack injected 438 ci BBC, factory closed chamber heads, 12.5:1 comp in a 2000 lb altered in the mid 8's. I run and hilborn -1 pump and have run an enderle 80A. I run 22 AS (90 degree) nozzles a 130 pill in the main and leak it at 28-30%. Just make sure you run a pump that is known to be good. I bought my pump brand new and have the flow numbers somewhere, but a Hilborn -1 or Enderle 80a will do the trick. I have ran this combo for 7 years with no problem. Hope this helps.

5. mbaker3

mbaker3 New Member

Fuel Pump

I forgot to mention, on mine I run the enderle 80A-1, rated at 7 GPM. It's a SBC 408.

6. nitrohawk

nitrohawk New Member

Thanks a lot for the replies guys. I am not wanting to race on alcohol I am working on a system for doing a burnout and ideling only. Keep the ideas coming.
    Bob Holley