Ahten Bringing Power to Pomona Homecoming

Discussion in 'Alcohol Racing News' started by News Editor, Nov 7, 2013.

1. News Editor

News Editor Administrator

Ahten Bringing Power to Pomona Homecoming

Pomona, CA – The final race of the 2013 NHRA season in Pomona for Johnny Ahten is a chance to fight his foes on his own turf. Ahten grew up going to the Pomona drags and now he has some new –found power to wield. The Island Renovations / Combust Filters dragster of Ahten Racing is feeling mean after qualifying in the #4 position at last weekend’s Vegas Regional event with a strong 5.323/262.39. The exciting thing about that run is Ahten feels the car has more to give.

“We are going in knowing the car is making power, but getting it planted and avoiding issues is our task,” said Ahten. “Our confidence comes from the data we have accumulated. We have some new sensors on the car and my Dad and I have been pouring over it. We are all looking forward to our home track and running well. The two Vegas events we just completed gave us ideas, and the desire to win.”

Ahten’s Regional Vegas outing last weekend was bittersweet. The first qualifying run was a bit hectic after a small fuel lead delayed the start. Tire smoke greeted the Stump Puller, but in round two a 5.32 made it all better. That run put Ahten in the #4 position and a first round match-up against Garrett Bateman. As Johnny went through his burnout something just didn’t fell right. The run had to be aborted and as final round bound Bateman went up in smoke for the win, Ahten could only grit his teeth and start thinking about Pomona.

“I look at the missed opportunities in Vegas and I can only use them as motivation for Pomona,” added Ahten. “We have made many strides this year with our new combination. Any time you change things there is bound to be a learning curve. The pieces are coming together and the World Finals is our chance to perform the way I know we can. My crew has worked their tails off this year. They volunteer their time and I can’t thank them enough. My Dad and Crew Chief Al Ahten, Howard Katano, Kevin Colvell, Chuck Costabile, Bob Ahten, Todd Rockwell, and John Rogers are the best.”

As the sun sets on the 2013 NHRA schedule, Johnny Ahten sees Pomona as a chance to compete with the elite in Top Alcohol Dragster. The field will be tough, but with the support of Island Renovations, Combust Filters, Fireman’s Brew, NGK, Mechanix Wear, Hedman Hedders, and his family, Johnny Ahten is ready to light the nitro and blast down the quarter mile. Drag Race nirvana awaits those who are lucky enough to be in Pomona for the World Finals. For those who can’t be there you are in luck. Check out the Ahten Racing Facebook page for updates and photos at www.facebook.com/JohnnyAhtenRacing‎

Island Renovations understands the complexity of Hawaii's homes and their customers’ needs. Whether you are looking to build, remodel, or replace your existing windows and doors, Island Renovations is there to provide outstanding service and products to give your home added value with the satisfaction and peace of mind from a company that puts their customers first. Visit us at www.islandrenovations.net

The Combust Filters Oil By-Pass Filtration System provides 3 Micron filtration, 100% Water Removal, Soot Removal, Extended Engine Life, Pollution Prevention, and Reduced Oil Consumption. By keeping the oil free of moisture contamination and particulates larger than 3 microns, your engine oil will have reduced Oxidation, Nitration, while maintaining required oil viscosity and TBN for proper lubrication. Our system incorporates only the best technology and quality construction for ease of use and installation. Features include an easy to read pressure gauge, 2 sizes of spin-on filters (7” and 12”), a push button oil sample valve, and a custom flow fitting to ensure a continuous proper flow. No internal moving parts to wear out! Visit us at: www.combustfilters.com

Fireman's Brew grew out of two Los Angeles based firefighter's vision to create premium handcrafted beers that would quench their thirsts after an exhausting day on the firelines. Originally created by firefighters for firefighters, Fireman's Brew is now available at bars, restaurants and retail stores throughout Southern California, Arizona, Illinois, Colorado & Nebraska. Visit them at www.firemansbrew.com