Ahra

Discussion in 'Pit Buzz' started by NITRO, Oct 14, 2012.

1. NITRO

NITRO ??

I need some comments about the AHRA...
    We are rebuilding this organization.
    Any imput will go a long way!
    Nitro.

2. Larry Reep

Larry Reep New Member

I Got a Hot check from their last race at Opoluios,La 1985 if you want to pay me for it.
    Larry Reep aka Grim Reeper

3. Ken Sitko

Ken Sitko Super Comp

I used to love the AHRA, raced it for many years. Unfortunately, when it was supposedly resurrected a few years ago, races were cancelled, and people got screwed over. We were excited that we were going to go to a few races that year (Calgary and Ashcroft I believe), but the rumor mill was saying that it was all a facade, and for once it was right. Luckily, reality caught up to the rumors before most racers spent any money of these trips, or even worse, to run the event and have their cheque bounce.

If you were going to resurrect this association again, you would have to prove to people that it is legitimate, and surround yourself with people of integrity with enough backing to ensure it would survive for at least a year.

4. jeffj

jeffj Member

Without real recent first hand knowlege of what AHRA did, I would echo everything that Ken Sitko said.
    Having said that, why AHRA? Why not Canadian HRA? I see that you are in Vancouver. 80% of us live within 80 miles of the southern border coast to coast. That is an 80 by 4000 mile fertile field to till. Pun intended. NHRA is essentially offering ANY VIABLE sactioning body an engraved invitation to eject them from the entire country. One div race in the entire country for goodness sake. Get a system running in that area with the non NHRA tracks and then move south over their neglected lands. Any business review would support such an approach......but........you need the fiscal and human resources along with a clear business plan backed with the honesty and integrity which Ken spoke of.
    There is no doubt in my mind that, in the west at least, a very dynamic and viable series could be established immediately which would attract great racer support in all classes at the outset.....and from both sides of the border.
    jeffj

5. NITRO

NITRO ??

Ken, Rod Saint ownes the AHRA and is rebuilding it as we speek.

We will make it work and see to it that any and all pay outs will
    be made !
    We just need racers and tracks just now so we can offer a show
    for the fans and a place for racers to come to and have fun and
    make some $$$...
    NHRA seems to be cutting out the alcohol racers ???
    We will not do that !
    Nitro. ( Dave Craig )..

6. Ken Sitko

Ken Sitko Super Comp

Sounds good, we are not in the alcohol classes any more though, mostly because IHRA cut the fields to 8 cars, then zero. NHRA made it too expensive to race, and the last attempt at reviving the AHRA ripped off a bunch of people. It is kind of the chicken and the egg thing, you have to have a race to show everyone you can do it, but how do you get the racers out there when there is a trust issue....

7. Cap Racing

Cap Racing New Member

i commend you for trying to rebuild the AHRA. i believe Pro Comp would be a great class. There are a lot of guys with funny cars and blown alcohol dragsters that don't quite meet the current Top Alcohol dragster or funny car standard. Those cars are sitting dormant. why not supplement your big show with a Pro Comp blown alcohol class? Dragsters racing funny cars back in the day was a big hit and an AHRA tradition. The more blown alcohol cars the better!

8. NITRO

NITRO ??

Thank you for your comments.
    The new AHRA is just that, NEW! Not the old orginization that ripped of racers for there own greed !
    Yes, the first show we put on will most likely be small but we will offer all classes a safe and I hope an affordable place to race.
    We just need some tracks for us to put on a show for the fans.
    The new rule book is almost ready to go to print.

Please contact Rod Saint @AHRAdragracing@aol.com

9. mark6052

mark6052 Member

stir the pond

I was hoping somebody else would ask this but I will. What about Orville Moe? Last conversation I had (2weeks ago) with him was he felt he OWNS the rights to AHRA. Is orville involved in this or are you saying you own the rights to the AHRA banner? maybe a different letter would be better like E for extreme hot rod asscociation. Dang maybe I better register that!

10. NITRO

NITRO ??

No !
    The new AHRA is owned by Rod Saint, Panama City FL.
    ahramotorsports@aol.com
    Nitro. (Dave Craig ).

Last edited: Oct 28, 2012
  11. NITRO

NITRO ??

12. Ken Sitko

Ken Sitko Super Comp

Dave, just wondering if I know you or have met you. I would be nice to put a face to the name.

13. NITRO

NITRO ??

Ken , next you are @ Mission I will contact you , one on one.
    Nitro.

14. Ken Sitko

Ken Sitko Super Comp

sounds good, is that where you call home..

15. NITRO

NITRO ??

Ken, I dont think we have ever met in person ?
    I live in Coquitlam, BC . And Mission would be my home
    track if I ever get back into a car.
    Thanks,
    Nitro ( Dave Craig ).

16. The Zone

The Zone Member

I have to say, there has been word around that the AHRA were trying to ressurrect the fieasco from three years ago. But the same name is still the main name behind the AHRA, ROd Saint. He was the main guy three years ago when Troy Moe and one of the Tice's were in the forground. I know a number of guys who got burned then, what has changed with Rod Saint of three years ago to the Rod Saint of today.
    How much do you really know about the deal Dave.

If it is ever to be something worth looking into they best just be an ASO and not an actual sanctioning body IMO.
    Or they better have a boadload of cash to feed any track that is considering the move.
    Better yet, if Saint has any real money built one or two tracks and take on the risk yourself and prove you are legit

Dean Murdoch
    www.speedzonemagazine.com

17. Ken Sitko

Ken Sitko Super Comp

I agree with Dean, no dis-respect intended, but some trust has to be built up so the racers will show up at your events. You will have to figure out how to build that trust.

18. NITRO

NITRO ??

Ken, There is no dis-respect taken..
    I realize that many racers got burned by Orville Moe in the mid eighties and that has left
    many with a bad taste.
    I also see in the past few years that there is the same sort of discouragement with the NHRA and IHRA, not for none payment of winnings but how they make racing out of
    reach for many sportsman racers...
    The new AHRA is trying to offer racers an affordable venue.
    I have the new rules and they do follow along the lines of the NHRA when it comes to
    safety, that is OK with me but the rest of the rule book is about keeping the cost down!
    As in limited use of computer controled divices etc.
    Please contact ROD SAINT ( ahramotorsports@aol.com ) I am sure he will be happy to send them to you.
    Thank you for looking at us as I think we can make it work for the good this time but only time will tell !
    Dave Craig.

19. The Zone

The Zone Member

more people got screwed by Saint and the people running the AHRA for that one year
    (2010) then all the years Orville ran the AHRA and Spokane

Dean

20. NITRO

NITRO ??

Dean, here is a one for you.
    How about you publish on your rag all the facts you know about the AHRA and let the racers deside ?