30% fuel curve

Discussion in 'PSI Superchargers Tech Questions' started by Tinkerboy, Aug 31, 2006.

1. Tinkerboy

Tinkerboy New Member

We have a Sbc powered dragster and were wondering if someone could give us some advice on running on 30% Nitro. We currently have been running 7.52. 10.5 - 1 comp, 22 Lbs blower boost. How far should we push the ign timming, and how much more nozzle area should we go up to?

2. Rapid Randy AA/FA

Rapid Randy AA/FA Comp Eliminator

I would be glad to talk to you about it. If you want, send me an email I will pass along my thoughts, right wrong or otherwise. :D

owencrist@mchsi.com

Leaving this weekend racing, but will be back in office Tues. You could send me a pm here that I might see later this weekend also.

Rapid

3. Spud_Miller

Spud_Miller New Member

I've captured quite a bit of info that I learned while following a similar path and documented it on my site. I started out on 20% and am now up to 80% and winning races without hurting parts (engine parts anyway).
    See the "Nitro Notes" link on the sidebar of my biz site:
    www.fuelinjectionenterprises.com
    There's also a web calculator for figuring tuneups/pressures and other stuff there that would help you out when running various percentages.
    Have Fun!
    Spud
    www.onehotchilipepper.com

4. Funnycarbob

Funnycarbob Top Dragster

Tinker?

Tinker Gladen?

Did yoyu guys do the pinks thing yet?

Bob Lupini

5. Funnycarbob

Funnycarbob Top Dragster

SBC on CH3no2

Tink,
    We ran with the Hot-Rods from Hell in the late 90's with our blowen 350 CID. Our set up was a barn door with 55's all the way around no port nossles a 150-2 pump a 75 in the bypass and no lean out. We put 20% in to make the field at MIR in the old Top Out-Law Dragster Class. We went up to 60's and left the by pass at 75 to keep the pressure up.We backed down the timing from 40 to 32. The car went from a 7.49. at 189 to a 7.16 at 196. The car had a 355 steel block Brodex 11 heads, 13 to 1 heavy pistons a PG that I built and 3.90 gear. I call Enderle to help with a set up and they LOL at me and said it would not work but thats all I had and I told them I will have to make do. It did pound out the Brg after 4 runs though.

Thanks
    Bob Lupini

PS I have pics and vids of it

6. IGO1320

IGO1320 T/D 2268

neat SBC

How much blower did you run and what overdrive?

Thanks

7. Funnycarbob

Funnycarbob Top Dragster

Od?

It was old 1/2' stuff. If I remimber, we ran about 35 over with an old Don Hamton. 8/71 with a boat style cooler under the blower. We pumped cold water from a tank through it. The ing was a msd off set dis. and a 7-3AL box. It was all swap meet stuff. We would get about 20 runs on a 2 bolt block with 4 bolt caps on it. The only good parts were the heads off a sprint car and the hemi snout maladex crank. We just keep putting the rotating ass in junk blocks. I did not kill it till we tryed to run a 6 at Mason-Dixon. It looked a Top Fuel blow up. After that I sold the car and bought a TA/FC. with all the normal stuff.